Mcleod RXT 10 spline or 26 spline?

Torch04RedSnake

Established Member
So i know for a fact my soon to be new clutch will be a Mcleod RXT but i cant decide whether to upgrade to the 26 spline or not. Is it worth the upgrade at my power level 461/491? How prone are the 10 splines to breaking?

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
It's known as a "smart move" for the fact of the 26 spline being a lot stronger. A lot of people have gotten away with the 10 spline even drag racing but you'll typically see those guys a little worried still.

When you're ready for that RXT please give us a shout we'd love to earn your business.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm only 455/479 and I'm upgrading to the 26 spline, tranny will be out might as well do it.

steve5575

Established Member
any advice/experiences on which throw out bearing and sleeve to go with?

I'm not trying to take business away from Posi. I bought everything from D&D Performance, RST clutch, pilot bearing, 26 spline input shaft, billet sleeve and TOB.

They have the TOB for cheap cheap. The guy on the phone said they bought a ton of TOB's all at once and pass the savings on the us. He said they are the same as the FRPP ones only minus the Ford part number stamp. I'm pretty sure they are Valeo but don't quote me on that.

The clutch is great but you WILL have to get used to the new engagement point. Like everyone said, it is now at the very top of the pedal and took me about 1,500 miles to finally get it figure out.

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
why would you even consider a clutch at that price, and then try to cheat and cut the corner on staying with a 10spline?

But I commend you for asking at least. If you search, which i did the other night, there are folks around here whos input shaft broke...
"just because:shrug:" my conclusion, sometimes its not just about a power level number...instead use that as a general guidline fwiw

go 26 spline..

yes get ready to replace everything tob, sleeve etc. Or else the chances are you will be right back into the transmission for a second and third round of repairs.

Marc

Established Member
Go Big or Go Home.

I got the McCleod 26 Spline and D&D Imput shaft. If your going to spend that much money for a clutch go bigger. Then you always have more room for more HP

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
I'm not trying to take business away from Posi. I bought everything from D&D Performance, RST clutch, pilot bearing, 26 spline input shaft, billet sleeve and TOB.

They have the TOB for cheap cheap. The guy on the phone said they bought a ton of TOB's all at once and pass the savings on the us. He said they are the same as the FRPP ones only minus the Ford part number stamp. I'm pretty sure they are Valeo but don't quote me on that.

The clutch is great but you WILL have to get used to the new engagement point. Like everyone said, it is now at the very top of the pedal and took me about 1,500 miles to finally get it figure out.

No sir you're perfectly fine. We get parts from D&D and they're a good business.:beer:

nooner

Established Member
If you are going all out and getting the RXT, you might as well go all the way and get the 26 spline. Just because you are less than 500 hp now doesn't mean you always will be, even if you feel that way now. I felt that way when I replaced my clutch, but 300 miles later my engine went out so I was glad I upgraded to the 26 spline. It was one less thing I had to worry about with the power level of my new engine. Definitely go for the Ford TOB. The Lethal Performance sleeve is also a good piece. If you haven't bought the RXT yet, definitely check out Posi's prices. They are the best I have seen, and make sure you figure in tax and shipping when comparing prices.

Torch04RedSnake

Established Member
Just ordered my RXT, D&D 26 spline, pivot ball, FRPP Throw out bearing, new oem clutch cable, lethal bearing sleeve. Hopefully will arrive late next week

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Just ordered my RXT, D&D 26 spline, pivot ball, FRPP Throw out bearing, new oem clutch cable, lethal bearing sleeve. Hopefully will arrive late next week

Thanks a bunch for your order! We appreciate it.

You'll be very happy with the RXT setup. It's what I run on 3 of my cars and wouldn't have it any other way.

Let us know if there's anything else we can help you with in the meantime!

:beer:

Thanks, Jared

Users who are viewing this thread