Mcleod RST with Fidanza Flywheel

Lance SVT

Established Member
I am in the process of replacing my pilot and throwout bearing due to some noise I was getting from my Transmission. While I have it apart, I'm replacing my current Ram clutch with a slightly used Mcleod RST clutch that was barely used in the car previously. Well one of the things I noticed is that the Ram clutch is larger in Diameter and contacts the center of the Fidanza Aluminum flywheel that's on the car. However the Mcleod is smaller in Diameter and contacts more of the inside of the flywheel surface and even the very inside of the clutch surface misses just a tad bit of the flywheel as you can see by the ring around the inside of the clutch surface on the pic below. So I guess my questions, is it ok to run it like that? Could I possibly get some slip because of it? I believe there's others on here running the RST/Fidanza combo with no problems. Your opinions would be much appreciated, thanks!

Screenshot_2015-04-20-18-59-25.png

Last edited:

SVT_Troy

Established Member
I'm hoping you plan on removing that flywheel and replacing the center friction disk before using it with your gently used RST.

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
I run the Fidanza FW and RXT.
No issues at all.
Not slipping with 1.34 60' and 9.6s.

Users who are viewing this thread