McLeod rst twin disk

04cobra7788

Established Member
Just installed the Mcleod RST twin disk along with the 26 spline input shaft,what is the best recommended clutch cable, quadrant, and Firewall adjuster to use with this set up. Currently now with the stock clutch cable the clutch lets out way too high, Any recommendations or suggestions thanks.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Stick with the stock cable. I have a double hook quadrant and I think one of the old micro click firewall adjusters. The PO installed them with the RXT. I also have a Steeda pedal stop to put the pedal where I want it.

03 Cobra DSG

Established Member
^^^same setup I used on mine before I went 6r80, I never had any issues with it.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Comp04svt

Established Member
The stock cable, or MM cable is the only way to go.

The stock quadrant and adjuster actually work just fine with the RXT, plenty of people out there run it this way.

An after market quadrant and adjuster are NOT going to do anything for your high pedal release. You will need to get an adjustable pivot ball, if you don't have one, to adjust that. Most of these RST/RXT's release a tad higher than a single disc, regardless of pivot ball adjustment. They release really high with the stock pivot. I prefer the slightly higher engagement because it is easier to shift the car. It does take some getting used to. But if you're on the stock pivot, you really need to make sure you have full clutch engagement and proper clearance within the fork opening or you could burn the clutch up real quick.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread