Mcleod Flywheel problems

john3883

Slow Poke
Established Member
I purchased a Mcleod steel flywheel last month from lethal and my shop here is having issues fitting 2 of the 8 bolts to the crank. Shop is saying the 2 of bolt holes were drilled 1mm off and don't line up with the old flywheel or crank. who do i contact?

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
That is very odd. Does the shop doing the install know that the flywheel may need to be rotated in order for the holes to line up? You don't just throw it up there and bolt it up, and 2 holes being off sounds like it just needs to be rotated. If there is indeed an issue, you can contact McLeod directly since they handle all warranty and RMA's directly. If you have any other questions, please let us know.

Thanks.

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Just like Derek said the flywheel only goes on one way. Two bolt holes not lining up means the flywheel isn't clocked in the correct position.

Here's some tips that Jason from Competition Speed & Sound posted not to long ago which should help you and your shop install the flywheel properly.

Ok, you want to know the trick.......

If you didn't clean the end of your crank, you will see two dots on it that are actually dirt left over from the blank holes in the stock flywheel. These dots correspond to the two blank/not used holes in the stock flywheel and aftermarket flywheels that do not get bolts. You can see those two holes in your new flywheel pics.

Just line those two holes up from the flywheel to the two dirty dots on the crank. If the bolts don't line up correctly, spin it 180 degrees and bingo.

And if it doesn't appear to line up, you need to make sure the flywheel is flat/square to the crank. Any slight tilt and it will look like some holes are not lined up. There is only one way it can go on.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks, Jared

Users who are viewing this thread