McLeod Clutch is in

Xplicit

Su Corazón
Established Member
One word.... WOW!

The clutch is an absolute dream! U can slip it practically like a stock clutch, but shift while in WOT and it grabs and holds anything thrown at it ..key word is 'hold.' There's absolutey no chatter and it's not an on/off type of feel. It actually feels like i gained horsepower with the clutch because it holds the power so effortlessly while shifting. Until the results from the Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch are in, i'd say the McLeod is the best thing going..it doubles perfectly for street and race form. I just never thought one could slip it so easy from a stop..simply amazing. Of note..i did do the 26 spline input shaft and i already had the clutch quadrant, firewall adjuster & cable. Biggest prop goes to my man Rich for giving me his McLeod already perfectly broken in for nothing while he ventures forth with the Centerforce....and to JDM for doing an absolutely flawless install as always :rockon:

Xplicit

Su Corazón
Established Member
Originally posted by rapidtransit
I love the numbers your car makes. I am saving my pennies for a Kenne Bell my self.
Thanks man :beer: PLENTY of power adders to think about..maybe more coming over the horizon ;-) U can't really go wrong with any of them :)

Xplicit

Su Corazón
Established Member
Robertson, my bad, i just asked and was told it's a strip setup. McLeod flywheel as well as heavy-duty twin disc. It's the more expensive of their selections.

Last edited:

FearblueR1

Established Member
Xplict -

Sounds like you got a great thing going!! Let us know how the clutch holds up from here on out. :beer:

How did the clutch do for hammer?? Did he not like it?? Or did he just wanted to try the CF??

Thanks,
Tim

Xplicit

Su Corazón
Established Member
I will Tim :beer: ..if it can be broken-in even more then i'll need to change my pants ;-) ..it's beautiful right now as it sits. Rich loved the McLeod, but he wanted to try out the Centerforce clutch..gotta love when someone's a pioneer. Hopefully, it'll work as great as the McLeod, if not better.

Rayzcar

Established Member
Franco - Glad to see you got something substantial to handle all the power your making! I love mine as well, still breaking it in though. Gonna need half shafts next!!!

Xplicit

Su Corazón
Established Member
Hey Ray :) It's definitely a keeper that's for sure..can't wait to see how it performs with better halfshafts, hopefully by next week i'll have them. There's no sense in coming this far and doing something half-assed. I sent u an email..hope the boys at the shop told u i said hi when u came to pick up your car..i stayed till around 4:30pm but couldn't wait much longer. How about the weather?!!!!! Gonna be near 60 this week, FINALLY! *cough* Mr. Groundhog had someone persuade him to let things warm up *cough* ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread