MBRP & Pypes Pype-bomb cat-backs

JS4KIKZ

Established Member
I have owned my 2014 GT since January of 14 and I have yet to modify it, save for the tinted windows. Although the research I've done has given me much insight on the pros and cons of certain mods, I still can't wrap my head around the price of some of the axle-back / cat back exhaust systems. I know some exhaust systems come with either an x-pipe / h-pipe which explains those prices, but like the MBRP & Pypes Pype-bomb cat backs are significantly lower in prices. Im sure its NOT a quality issue.

I guess my question is:
Why are there only two manufacturers of cat-back exhaust systems that are (IMO) priced appropriately?

Hart_Stang

Established Member
Not sure about MBRP but the Pypes pype bomb is more or less a muffler delete; just a straight pipe. Other brands such as Corsa have technology that eliminates drone. So I guess you pay for the R&D. I agree that some seem to be very overpriced and I payed for the Corsa lol.

Dig Race

Established Member
My buddy has the mbrp race cat back.. quality was fine and it sounds sick. It's what I'm getting for my car, I still think $450 is to much for a catback lol

JS4KIKZ

Established Member
My buddy has the mbrp race cat back.. quality was fine and it sounds sick. It's what I'm getting for my car, I still think $450 is to much for a catback lol

$450 isn't bad considering the prices of the other options. I understand paying for R&D, and some of the catback exhausts come with x/h-pipes, but unless its made out of titanium, some the $12xx + options just seem way over priced.

Users who are viewing this thread