MBRP 3" Street and Race Catbacks are shipping

Jesse@MBRP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
MustangCatbackcopy-1.jpg

Available from any MBRP dealer.

Install Here
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...-mbrp-beta-system-install-street-version.html

Last edited:

Jesse@MBRP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
2011GT500.jpg

Here is another iphone video (sorry about the wind noise) Half Throttle with the windows down

th_9_8_108_09PM.jpg

MBRP50AdV2.jpg

Last edited:

Jesse@MBRP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
NO 2010 yet?

We're working backwards, it's almost done too.

Oh damn son, are those weld on merge collectors ?!
Yes.

Those hangers look like crap on that pretty muffler...
that's a production kit, we don't spit shine something to death only to have it show up on someone's doorstep not looking how they remembered it in the picture.

Looks like it, and a bolt on tip for a catback?
Because of the size of the tips, it was necessary in order to dial in the placement inside the valance. Every car is just a touch different so we wanted optimal adjustablility.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Did they end up with 4" or 4.5" tips?

2007 models due out?

3" pipes fit with a Watts link?

Jesse@MBRP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
4.5" tips for the GT500 and the 11 5.0 Car gets 4.0 tips.

We'll tackle the 07-09, the 10, and axle backs here shortly.

Daffy

My cars own me.
Established Member
Hmm, looks good, I like the bolt on tips idea, having played with more than my share of pipe wrestling (no jokes please) to get fixed tips to line up right, seems like a good idea. I was set on Magnaflo, liked them in the past, but got me thinking. Any drive by vids?

And again, nice job.
Dave.

MattR

Established Member
What does the Race version look like? Any baffles in it at all? How do the headers fit, does anything need to be modified or removed for install? Do they come with O2 extension wires? Would love to hear the sound with the full exhaust both with and without cats and with the race mufflers or Deletes?

Jesse@MBRP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
What does the Race version look like? Any baffles in it at all? How do the headers fit, does anything need to be modified or removed for install? Do they come with O2 extension wires? Would love to hear the sound with the full exhaust both with and without cats and with the race mufflers or Deletes?

The Race System looks exactly the same, just the muffler internals are different. It's a hybrid muffler to allow for maximum flow.

The headers fit great. They were even easy with lower motor mounts on our 3.6KB car which was suprising given the lowered motor height. O2 Extensions are up in the air at this point weather they will be included. They will however be needed.

I'll hopefully have a sound clip in the coming days for the "Full" exhaust system. Prototype sounds sick though.

MattR

Established Member
The Race System looks exactly the same, just the muffler internals are different. It's a hybrid muffler to allow for maximum flow.

The headers fit great. They were even easy with lower motor mounts on our 3.6KB car which was suprising given the lowered motor height. O2 Extensions are up in the air at this point weather they will be included. They will however be needed.

I'll hopefully have a sound clip in the coming days for the "Full" exhaust system. Prototype sounds sick though.

Once the entire system is available let us know, I went looking for prices yesterday and no one has it updated yet. for me being able to buy a complete kit that would require no other stops ( O2 extensions) might sway me. I dont have time to peice a system together and hope it all works. I want to do a one stop shop.

Thanks,

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
It's the pieced together systems that sound awesome and you can tune them to your liking. Just my 2 cents. Extenders are at Kooks for like 50 bucks so no big deal there.

Users who are viewing this thread