Mazdaspeed Miata

DSG03Snake

Established Member
Im thinking of getting a Mazdaspeed 2004 Miata for a "daily driver", what do you guys think? Obviously its not that practical, but I only need 2 seats and never really carry things around. I just want slightly better mileage, and good fun factor so I dont end up putting ****loads of miles on the Cobra.

Supposedly they are 14.6 QM, 0-60 in 6 sec, 178hp and 160ish TQ. Also only weigh 2529 lbs and nearly 50/50 weight distribution?

Anyone ever owned one? Any comments? I regret not getting a Cobra vert so much, I really would like a vert as a second car and there don't seem to be many other sub25k verts that look as fun as this car.

Last edited:

NoSlowGT

Make me a sandwhich bitch
Established Member
Premium Member
I think they are pretty nice. 0-60 times are impressive for that little car. I think its a good idea!!

Cal

Established Member
Miata's are awesome cars. Great on the twisties too. Loads better than an S2000. Dont let people say its a girls car either as I have seen a few menacing ones. A styling bar can do wonders for that car.

DSG03Snake

Established Member
Originally posted by Cal
Miata's are awesome cars. Great on the twisties too. Loads better than an S2000. Dont let people say its a girls car either as I have seen a few menacing ones. A styling bar can do wonders for that car.
Haha yeah, im not too concerned about the girl car shit because most people who say that own a shitmobile and can't gasp the concept that good handling can be just as fun as straight line.

hydroshutter

don't worry about it
Established Member
You must be a short guy..I'm 6'3" and my buddy and I checked one out and we could BARELY fit in it.Seems like a badass little car though..similar to the s2k.

DSG03Snake

Established Member
Originally posted by Hydroshutter
You must be a short guy..I'm 6'3" and my buddy and I checked one out and we could BARELY fit in it.Seems like a badass little car though..similar to the s2k.
6 foot but barely weigh 150lbs.

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
I think the Cooper S is a fun little car, especially in red. They're zippy too. Or you could go with an SRT-4 :thumbsup:

DSG03Snake

Established Member
Platinum thanks for the suggestions but I do not want a FWD car, I just can't adjust to the way they feel after being RWD for so long. Also looking for a vert.

Last edited:

f_rice

EFF GM AND CHRYSLER!!!!
Established Member
There is a reason so many people Autocross with Miats, they handle amazingly well. With the addition of a turbocharger, the MazdaSpeed Miata is pretty kickass little car. The MazdaSpeed package is also a screaming deal for what you get. :rockon:

Have you considered a WRX?

nugen

Established Member
If Mazdaspeed lives up to its reputation, the Miata will be a very well balanced car that does alot of things very well. It will probably do the autocross best of all.

Vancouver83LTD

Established Member
It's great!
I rode in a regular miata, hehehe! Fun!
Then I testdrove a MazdaSpeed Miata, and holy crap! It was a blast! Not a girl's car at all!
Very tight car, and everything is screwed together well. Also, you're contributing to it's parent Company, Ford...
definitley worth it.

The New Cooper Mini convertible made it's debut recently here in Vancouver - very cool car, the promo material for it was pretty funny as well, but that's personally not my style, and top up I can't imagine it'd be anything but cramped and claustrophobic.

I love the miata, you're an ass (jealousy)

LBguy

must get stronger!
Established Member
Also look into an MR2, but the new Miata looks very excellent on paper. Just like any turbo'd car, it should be relatively easy to add some more power to it.

Users who are viewing this thread