Mazda Miata vs. 99 Saleen Cobra?!?!? Some people just don't get it!

IEATPORSCHE

Established Member
:eek:
I don't think this qualifies as a kill but rather a valuable lesson (for him):

So, I'm on the 210 Freeway going East through Pasadena in light traffic last night and I'm cruising along in the fast lane (45 mph)waiting for the road to open up when the car behind me starts flashing his high beams at me. Figurin' he's in a hurry and me being filled with the Holiday spirit and all (you know 'good will towards men'...) I scoot over to the number 2 lane. Rather than pass me by, the "highbeamer" moves over with me and stays on my ass (I immediately think 'it must be 5-0[police] trying to get me for some past infraction') so I slow down to 35ish. Traffic was not really going anywhere but it was starting to lighten up. Once I slow even more this car pulls up next to me on my right side and looks me over (I'm sure my fender Snake let out a little sigh and then a big YAWN when we see No(!) this car is not CHP it's a little f*#*$*@! Mazda Miata. By now the traffic is opening up and I downshift to 2nd and pull hard left into the fast lane and take off with SRV blarin'. To my surprise the little Miata actually came back on me and high-beams me again!?!?! (I'm thinking "this clown obviously doesn't know what my [still-yawning] Snake is on the side of my car, nor is he familiar with the words "SVT Cobra" on my deck emblem!)... however, being filled with good cheer and 92 octane that I do not want to waste on his sorry little ass. I decide to let him live and I pull over to the number 2 lane. Again. Miata-Man (see "Stupid Hero"!) tails me and high beams me!!!! My exit is like 1/2 mile away and I decide to run him there. I shift into 2nd and I'm now at 3,500 rpms--just playin' with him-- and by the time I hit 3rd he's already trying to pass on my right. Knowing that I still have like 3k more rpms before I shift and now feeling like I gotta teach this idiot a lesson about respect I cut back one lane to my left and see an opening in traffic and punch it into 4th and I'm now going about 75-80mph and Miata-Man is vaporized in my rear-view but then I realize, "GODDAMN IT that a*hole made me miss my off-ramp". So now I have to go up to the 605 Fwy and turn around...a pain in the ass! I go down the 605 Fwy (just me and Stevie Ray Vaughn cruising along at about 70-75ish) and I take the first exit. As I'm waiting for the off-ramp signal light to turn green --for what seems like an hour--who pulls up along side me but Miata-Man (with window down) "... I could've taken you back there..." he says, and I laugh in his face and say "do you know what kind of car this is? Do you have any idea how many horses I have? You should be happy that I'm still letting you look at it!" I turn up SRV loud and punch it back onto the 605 in the other direction. I look in my rear-view and feel satisfied that my words must've gotten through because Miata-Man didn't give chase. However, in my mirror I could see the red glow from his embarrassed face lighting up the horizon!!
What a dickhead he was! But now he knows!

Either I need to learn to exercise some restraint or these idiots need to learn respect!

'Forgive them Father, for they know not what they do.' J.C.

svt_lightning12

Established Member
Let me guess, the guy in the miata had a roll bar, thus thinking that his car was somehow way faster then a cobra now...LOL...goddam miata owners....lol, good job on dropping some knowledge on his ass and making him fell like a tard...

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
Originally posted by IEATPORSCHE
[B.... I look in my rear-view and feel satisfied that my words must've gotten through because Miata-Man didn't give chase. However, in my mirror I could see the red glow from his embarrassed face lighting up the horizon!!
What a dickhead he was! But now he knows!

Either I need to learn to exercise some restraint or these idiots need to learn respect!

'Forgive them Father, for they know not what they do.' J.C. [/B]

R E S P E C T!! Find out what it means to me! :lol:
Gr8 story.

SL 1993 R

Established Member
Be careful of some of those Miata's. In the early 90's there were conversions done on some of them. They were called Monster Miata's, converted by Monster Motorsports. They stuffed an RX7 rear end in them to support the Ford 5.0 HO drivetrain. The cars look very similar to the stock Miata's, no bulging hood scoops or such. I've seen them with Paxton superchargers, but I don't know if they came form the factory that way. On the rear panel of the car will be the Monster logo with a Godzilla decal. I have some pix of them around the house somewhere if anyone's interested..

HAMMRHEAD

Established Member
Originally posted by SL 1993 R
Be careful of some of those Miata's. In the early 90's there were conversions done on some of them. They were called Monster Miata's, converted by Monster Motorsports. They stuffed an RX7 rear end in them to support the Ford 5.0 HO drivetrain. The cars look very similar to the stock Miata's, no bulging hood scoops or such. I've seen them with Paxton superchargers, but I don't know if they came form the factory that way. On the rear panel of the car will be the Monster logo with a Godzilla decal. I have some pix of them around the house somewhere if anyone's interested..

Some of the Monster Miata's had a Whipplecharger on top of the 5.0! They were called MEGA Monster Miata's. That's tonz of power for a little $hitbox!:uh oh:

LogiWorld123

Established Member
im pretty sure one could tell the diff b/w a 5.0 and a 2.x miata.

lol. the day i come across a miata with a V8 at a light, ill be sure to give much respect to SL for the warning not to race him. only "racy" miata i have seen is a 95 with a stripe. and its slower than a 93 mustang 4 banger..(personal experience, pretty funny race to 65 mph)

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
Originally posted by dmark101
:lol1:

how come everyone else gets to have fun like this!? i don't get any looks in my cobra. :sad

;-)
What color is yours??? sh$t brown???? :lol: :D

heheh just playing??? where are you haning out? Everytime I see a Cobra I go gaa gaa over it.........

IEATPORSCHE

Established Member
:rollseyes
dmark101,
You're in WestCo? I'm in Arcadia! No looks? Just drive around with me for a few minutes. Even idiots in their Mom's Camrys come out of the woodwork to watch you run your Cobra around here!
:burnout:

Users who are viewing this thread