Maybe you New Edge guys know...

Finaltheorem47

I'm a Lead Farmer
Established Member
dont know man, we didnt even get a 6 disc...just a single:(

I wonder if they are all interchangeable though?

Well the 6CD is a double din while your 99 has two (2) single dins that mount in different locations. People have successfully swapped the center bezel from a double din (I think 01+) mustang without much effort though.

96svtdriver

Established Member
Is there any of you that could possible take pics of your stock 6CD or Mach MP3 unit mounted in your center dash minus the center dash bezel with the vents? I can't seem to find pin out schematics anywhere, but no matter, I figured it out.

My goal is to see just how the HU is mounted behind the center dash bezel as I am attempting to retrofit this unit into a 94-98 center. I've already scored the Mach MP3 HU and a 02+ dash center. It appears that it's just bolted/screwed into place near the lower buttons on the face of the HU, but above the center console buttons. That being the case, I guess I'll have to have holes drilled and I know I need to cut/trim some areas.

I wish I knew where exactly to trim to make the 02+ center to fit. As well, I have black interior and the center needs to be painted, but I don't know where to or how to paint that particular part as I've never done any interior painting before.

I'm a solder tech by trade so the wiring is more of a learning/experiment for me to take the existing older Mach 460 harness and convert it into something useful with the 16-pin rectangular connector W/O actually having to cut the factory wiring. I can't find anywhere this has been attempted before, but I've already made my conversion harness and it works as tested!:thumbsup:

Last edited:

01greycobra

Built and Blown!
Established Member
For my car, the head unit is mounted on a metal bar that runs to the back and 2 screws, each on the bottom corners of the unit. Now for cars older than '01, I'm not sure if there is any obstructions that may prevent you from installing a double din without cutting something out. As for paint, if you are painting it the stock color, 50resto.com has the ford interior spray paint. That is where I bought the paint to paint my gauge pillar and it matches perfectly. Hope this helps.

96svtdriver

Established Member
I's really like some input on fabricating that metal bracket to mount the double din HU on. I've already checked and some trimming will need to happen behind the center console to make the 01+ center fit properly.

Users who are viewing this thread