Maybe someone can help?

thesvt

I got into a small fender bender and I have insurance, I always pay it 6 months in advance but at the time of the accident I didnt have my car because the insurance company sent me a card with wrong info and I was waiting on the new ones to come in. So I asked the officer what I had to do, he told me to take it to the police station/court house (they are both in the same building) and to show my card and it would be dropped but I talked to a friend that ths happen to and they dropped the sitaion but he had to pay 114.00 court cost. They only thing that gets me is why should I have to pay a court cost because the ins. company made a mistake. Thats like if I broke your car window and made you pay for it, it just doesnt make alot of sence to me and was wondering if any of the LEO's had any advice to what I could to not pay the court cost. Thanks in advance. :shrug:

piss&vinegar

Seek and Destroy
Established Member
I am sure they will drop it and no cost will occur. In georgia, everything is done by the computer so you really don't need a card unless the computers are down.

Users who are viewing this thread