Maybe a kill? (Sorry...long)

281cubes

Wish I Had an SVT
What's up guys? First off, let me say that I almost never get into any sort of match up worth mentioning; either I get dusted or I smoke some kid in his Mom's Alero, but anyway... Went out last night to check out a 5.0 for my friend who has wanted to get into a Stang ever since I got mine three years back. On our way there, headlights approach quickly on my left and I hear a BOV sneezing at me, so I pretty much figure I'm dead. Turns out, the driver is a former employee of mine who has upgraded from an N/A Eclipse (not much of a race) to a '92 Talon TSi AWD with a little bigger turbo pushing 14psi. Of course, he wants a rematch since the Eclipse days and I have just about accepted that I'm going to lose to his "new" set of wheels. We find ourselves an open stretch and a stop sign to line them up at. He is solo, I have a 215lb passenger. We're both ready to rip and I'm wondering if he's gonna honk it off or what when he tells me to "Just go." Well shit! Now I think I'm really going down if he's talking like that. So, I get about a half car off the line and pull to about two cars at the top of second. Rip third and I can see him just barely creeping up on me. Hit fourth (stock gears puts me eclipsing the 100mph mark, meaning we've gone just over a quarter mile based on my previous track adventures) with him still about a car - maybe a tad less - behind. Now I'm surprised. I lift at a touch over 100. Had we kept going, he would most likely have passed somewhere in the 110+ range. We go somewhere to talk and he says his launch could have been better (I agree considering I pretty much ripped him outta the hole), but he runs a 13.9 @ just over 100. He's a good guy who knows his shit, so I believe it. I'm sure with a better launch I would have been toast, but, as I like to say, Dems da bricks! Later guys.:thumbsup:

281cubes

Wish I Had an SVT
It's been a while since I've been to the track and I've also added a few mods since, hence the "E.T. coming soon..." in my sig. I have run twice, both with poopy launches. 15.0 @ 92 spinning all of first.:rollseyes Woopie! I launch like a mofo on the street, however.:D

Users who are viewing this thread