Maybe 04 run is only 1000

chiliman

Established Member
There's a thread over in the SVTOA site were someone who picked up their Cobra last Friday was shown a letter to the dealer stating that the 2003 run has ended, the anniversary editions are to be delivered in June and that the 2004's are Mystic and limited to 1000 units. It's stated as if there will only be the 1000 cars out there for 2004.

Has anyone had any official or inside knowledge on whether there will be a full run in 2004? For those who went, what are they saying at the autoshow?

Although it doesn't make that much sense to only run 1000 cars it seems anyone saying otherwise is just repeating what they've heard. It would be easy enough to just run those 1000 Mystics at the same time they do the anniversary models and just hold them over the summer.

Anyone got something concrete here?

Randy

03blackvert

Established Member
Yeah, I bet you see '03 production phase to the 10th anna, phase to Mystic, and then they stop. It's not like they are tooling up to do another year, just running the line longer. Plus, both changes are just cosmetic.

I bet with the switch to '05 there won't be a "full" run of 04 mustangs in general,
and that some of the people who work the more special models (SVT, Mach 1,
etc) will be pulled early to help get the new line up and running.

RedfireVenom

11 Second Vert Club
Established Member
I think the 1000 number was referring to the number of Mystics coming out. The autoweek article I read said they were making only 1000 of them. Wether or not they will make regular 04 Cobras, I'm not sure, but I suspect so. Then again, they have to sell all of the ones sitting on the dealer lots right now.

lethal

Established Member
I would bet that they are only going to make 1000 more Cobras. They have so much to do to ramp up for the new mustang. I'm kinda upset about the 04 not being announced, but I can understand. Who knows, maybe they had just enough spare parts (remember the production stoppages?) that they decided to offer an 04 with some groovy paint. We'll have to wait for the offical numbers, but I'm sure they will fall short. And what does Ford do? That's right, an "extra" run of "special" cars to get them out the door =) Pretty smart.

I'm still glad I got my sonic blue =)

John

cubes

Established Member
There will be thousands more Cobras produced and 1000 will be mystic. Gearing up for 05 is not that big of a deal because Mustangs will be built in a different factory.

chiliman

Established Member
Originally posted by cubes
There will be thousands more Cobras produced and 1000 will be mystic. Gearing up for 05 is not that big of a deal because Mustangs will be built in a different factory.

That seems to be logical, but there is no word about that from Ford. The only thing Ford has officially said is that their will be 1000 Mystics.

With the number of Cobras sitting on lots lately I'd hate to see another 10-13,000 coming down the pike from the factory.

CobraTone

Established Member
Hard to say, I guess you could make a case for both sides. Then again, we can speculate all we want but we won't know until they announce it! :shrug:

joeclams9

Established Member
I think the mystichrome cobra is the last year anniversary type ala the grandsports for the vette, and only 1000 of those will be made. Other then that, 04 production will go on to the toon of 5000 plus just like any other year cobra.

joe

Alabama Snake

Established Member
Originally posted by chiliman
There's a thread over in the SVTOA site were someone who picked up their Cobra last Friday was shown a letter to the dealer stating that the 2003 run has ended, the anniversary editions are to be delivered in June and that the 2004's are Mystic and limited to 1000 units. It's stated as if there will only be the 1000 cars out there for 2004.

Has anyone had any official or inside knowledge on whether there will be a full run in 2004? For those who went, what are they saying at the autoshow?
Anyone got something concrete here?

Randy

The official Ford press notice is posted on the main SVTOA page.

If you read it carefully you'll see that it says that only 1000 Mystics will be produced. It doesn't say that only 1000 Cobras will be produced. I haven't seen anything that is definit on the total 2004 Cobra run. Personally I hope it IS just 1000 Mystics.

03 COBRA SB

Rocky Mtn. SVT Cobra
Established Member
i wouldn't worry about ford selling 1000's of 04's, thier is only so much market for these cars. seeing stock on the dealer lots tell's you this and and much more.:dw:

Sailing2Smth

Smooth Ass Sailor
Established Member
this might be a silly question but whats the difference between the mystic 04 cobra and the 03 cobra? aren't they both the same vehicle but just different colors?

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
> Sailing2Smth: ...just different colors?

Exterior *and* interior...

SStupid

Established Member
Mystical

IMO, if they make one Mystic colored Cobra, it will be one too many. That color is for the birds. Purple and green: my two most hated colors.

Mystic = :xpl:

Users who are viewing this thread