May have to sell her.....

01SVT_TruBLu

Hey Guys,

Now that I'm a home owner, married and talking about kids.....I may have to sell my True Blue 2001 Cobra Vert baby that i bought brand new. :(

Based on the Mods listed in my sig, what do you think I can get for her?
The car is in mechanically and physically mint condition...Garage Queen.. 33,000 miles.

Please reference this link for pictures:
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...enny+brown+tale

It sucks because I only owe $4000 left...

your thoughts? :shrug:

1slosvt

Established Member
Why do you think you have to sell it? My brother has twins and has no problem fitting their car seats in his mustang. Just because you have kids doesn't mean you shouldn't keep your toys, unless it's financial- which I can understand. Congrats on house and wife and so-on!

inteller

Established Member
yeah, just think, what did people do before SUVs? needing an SUV or minivans because of kids is a myth.

FIVELITERS

Silly Bastid
Established Member
No Way!

Aw, no way man if its not that serious financialy keep the cobra.

You should "think" about selling it when your potential youngins get too big for the back seat. :thumbsup:

Just think, your kids will love the stang ;-)

01SVT_TruBLu

You Guys make a great point. thank you! Part of it is financial....not a major part though since all that is left to pay is $4G. I guess right now i'm feeling it since Cobra payments are $520 plus insurance $200....plus mortgage ($2800).

Sucks growing up and being responsible! I guess I'll re-evaluate things once she's paid... thanks!

Mport_KLR

just a gt;)
Established Member
Id say hold off on the kids for a year and get the car payed off! :thumbsup:

Paul's_03SVT

Established Member
Pay that car off and have no car payments. You are crazy, you cant beat that. :bash: What you can do is refinance your car to get a lower interest rate over a little more time and cut your payments down.

Last edited:

Kovachian

Me vs. Earth
Established Member
You could sell your kids on the black market for a hefty profit. Last I heard, toddlers go for $25K a pop.

inteller said:
yeah, just think, what did people do before SUVs? needing an SUV or minivans because of kids is a myth.

I'm pretty sure an SUV or minivan is a bit better choice for a family vehicle than a Cobra.

1slosvt

Established Member
I was 19 and my brother was 17 the first time my mom ever had a car with four doors and we never had any trouble getting anywhere- ever. You obviously like the car- so keep it. You'll never hear your kids say "dad, I sure wish you had a minivan".

Coiled03

Established Member
I'm just wondering what kind of house/mortgage you have that requires a $2800 payment? Surely there's some wiggle room there to adjust your payments.

04 Redline

Established Member
I would say between 15-18K best case. I personally would not want to transport my kids in a vert. I was kind of in the same situation (buying a home, wanted a more usuable vehicle) as you when I had my 01 GT. Same miles, close to the same mods, but there just isn't enough room in the back. The trunk is small as hell, and the doors are too large for parking lots if you constantly need access to the back. I don't have kids yet, but having 4 doors makes everything a lot easier.

WizardsCobra

LTHL SVT
Established Member
So you only owe $4K and your payments are $520. I'd find a way to live the next eight months and pay the car off. You'll regret selling the car if you do.

ShwoffGT

Established Member
Keep the Cobra...

My cousin has a boy thats almost 2 yrs old. He has been driving around with a carseat in his T/A since day one. Its not that big of a deal. Unless you have 3-4 kids you dont need a 4 door car. Let the wife drive a 4 door car if she wants. Keep the cobra. Its not like you have to drive the Cobra if the "family" goes somewhere right?

Users who are viewing this thread