May Have Found My Cobra - Going To Look

Dano

"Book 'em Dano"
Established Member
Going to look at a '98 Cobra vert tomorrow afternoon. It's Laser Red, with the roll bar and such. Don't know anything else about it yet ... fairly high mileage:eek:

My wife's out of town for about a week, and I was just laying around in my shorts, and went to Auto Trader snooping around, and found it.

I'm not prepared to swing any deal, in particular, but I'll find out all I can about the Cobra, and sleep on it.

One thing that kind of makes my skin crawl is that I know absolutely nothing about the 4V 4.6. Of course, I didn't know anything about the 5.0 either, and with a lot of reading & Forum help, it all worked out okay.
:beer: :beer: :beer::banana: :banana: :pepper: :banana: :banana: :beer: :beer: :beer: :shrug: :shrug:

CobraJazz

drive it everyday
Established Member
I'm willing to bet you'd like a 4.6. Different animal for sure but also fun. Get some pics and post'em up so we can see what you're looking at. Good luck Dano.

Dano

"Book 'em Dano"
Established Member
dano i'll be willing to help ya out when i can, i know where you live lol
Thanks, Tim. The salesman is probably going to wish he'd never seen me.

You still getting ready to step into a Terminator?

SKMCOBRA

Just the Facts
Established Member
Dano, I went from an '86 5.0 GT into my '97 4.6 Cobra. You can handle it if I can. I'm even considering pulling the top apart next winter and throwing some mild Comp Cams on her for another 30 horses. Shannon

timpryor

Turbo'd ST
Established Member
Dano said:
You still getting ready to step into a Terminator?
no think i'm gonna stick it out with this car but within the next 2-3 years the car will get

03 cobra seats
intercooled vortech
t-56
31 splines
FULL suspension(coilovers front, aje k-member ect ect)
repaint
new brake system
P&P heads
forged pistons/rods

and will spank 95% of terminators around here:mj:

should be good for 6-650 RWHP, and still get 18 mpg out of the boost

RoadZOmbie

Established Member
Dano you will love the feel of the 4.6.....I also went from the 94 5.0 to a 96 4.6......just don't get discouraged when you don't feel the pull like your other 5.0 did on the lower gears..just rev it up higher!.......the 4.6 will scream at you on the higher RPM's and you'll Love it........!

Dano

"Book 'em Dano"
Established Member
what is fairly high miles?
I don't want to embarass myself right now, so I'll wait and see what the Cobra looks like, and what it has on it. But, the mileage is fairly high.

Dano

"Book 'em Dano"
Established Member
Well, I don't know for sure what happened, but when I got to the dealer, the "chick" said, "no, I don't have a Cobra like that." Oh, well, it just screwed-up my whole afternoon, and caused me to get to the pool hall 2 1/2 hours earlier than normal ... :-D

theDRIVER

Literally haulin' ass
Established Member
go for it dano. the 4.6 is the sex. you'll love it. i remember when you had your black 5.0 cobra, and when you let it go. for a high mileage 98 vert cobra you could really bring down the price. fight it out...

Users who are viewing this thread