may go crazier than thought...rate this setup

White Whine

Resident Jabberwalkie
Established Member
dirtchicken said:
Do not waste your money on a plenum, throttle body, or heat exchanger. Use it elsewhere.
so the heat exchanger is useless too? yeah, i went pretty nuts adding all that stuff, glad you guys are catching everything. thanks, again I ask though, if not for horsepower gain, why not add a single blade tb if only for throttle response? just like adding an exhaust only for sound...ya know? i suppose the response to that will be "its your money and your truck, so if you wanna waste it thats up to you" :bash: heres a question, will the mods suggested above change throttle response to a point adding a tb would make it unnoticeable or does anyone really know? i would assume thats a tough one to answer, except for people who just have those mods if they could tell me about the difference they felt.

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
just do a 4lb lower and a KB and call it a day
you really should talk to Larry as he is on his second truck and has learned what to and not to do. i think he would have the best advice on it.......... not saying that these other guys dont know what they are talking about but if you want 450hp i think that would be the easiest and quickest way
and then you can always sell your stock blower to make some money back

White Whine

Resident Jabberwalkie
Established Member
lightninmike said:
just do a 4lb lower and a KB and call it a day
you really should talk to Larry as he is on his second truck and has learned what to and not to do. i think he would have the best advice on it.......... not saying that these other guys dont know what they are talking about but if you want 450hp i think that would be the easiest and quickest way
and then you can always sell your stock blower to make some money back
is that safe though? if that was all I did, are there no other supporting mods to suggest? the reasons I'm reluctant to do that is the safety and the price. all the mods together still dont total the price of a kb, although adding in install costs and whatnot may bring it up over that. but really, is it safe? can you use the stock plenum and tb with the kb? I'd still wanna add the swaybars, traction bars, ftvb, and other non-engine parts.

Chi3f

Established Member
dirtchicken said:
Do not waste your money on a plenum, throttle body, or heat exchanger. Use it elsewhere.

running that much boost your gonna want a new heat exchanger. Mine heat soaks quick with the stock one. LFP heat exchanger on it's way.

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
White Whine said:
is that safe though? if that was all I did, are there no other supporting mods to suggest? the reasons I'm reluctant to do that is the safety and the price. all the mods together still dont total the price of a kb, although adding in install costs and whatnot may bring it up over that. but really, is it safe? can you use the stock plenum and tb with the kb? I'd still wanna add the swaybars, traction bars, ftvb, and other non-engine parts.
yeah i belive it is more than safe, i f i knew then what i know now i would have just done that and been done with it. no i really dont think you would need anything else to support it except for a good tune. you could also bolt on the blower on your own so you wouldnt have to pay for install and like you said i would still have the t-bars and the FTVB and such

Users who are viewing this thread