May be selling my KB L....

KenneSVT

GOT BOOST??
Established Member
Yep. I know guys. It sucks big juevos. I am moving. I am not moving that far....maybe 20 miles at most. But my move will be bad on gas consumption. I will not be able to afford driving back and forth from home to work and to school. I am gonna have to find me a four cylinder daily driver. You guys know me, its gonna be force inducted and as quick as I can get it. Im looking at the Lancer Evolution 8s and the SRT 4s. If you guys know of any other respectable 4 cylinder cars out there, please chime in. If I sell it I will give you guys first notice so someone can jump on it. You can make offers....it may provoke me to go ahead and sell it rather than torturing myself everyday wondering what will happen with this move. Thanks guys...no matter what, Ill still be going to car meets and posting on this forum. I will just not be in my baby......Ill know for sure in about 2 weeks hopefully.

Bootbox

Established Member
When you start throwing 60lb injectors, highflow fuel pumps, and big boost at those 4 bangers, the milage starts to really suffer. My roomate has a WRX with an upgraded turbo, big boost, etc.. etc... It's not quite as bad on gas as my L, but it's damn close and his insurance is way higher than mine.

KenneSVT

GOT BOOST??
Established Member
Its gonna be an extra 30 miles round trip a day just to work. Not counting my trips just to hang out with my buds. Then to school is going to be around 100 miles round trip two or three times a week. I can afford my L now, but its going to be extremely hard to in a month or so. I dont have the money to drop down on a beater. Ill see what happens. Hopefully I wont have to sell my truck . This house thing could fall through. MY fingers are crossed!!!

SVT_Gixxer1000

Crazy Canadian
Established Member
Kenne, Have you hit you head on something? :( . Go soak it and get those awful thoughts of getting rid of your Lightning out of there :-D .

On a more serious note, I got rid of my 02 Lightning and got a King Ranch for the winter and I was fine, Summer came by and the Lightnings came out and I went crazy so I traded my 02 Ranch for my 03 Lightning and everytime I'am with out my Lightning I use my friends while he works construction. thats the only way I keep my sanity.

Compromise man, you will thank yourself.

KenneSVT

GOT BOOST??
Established Member
I know. I dont want to sell it. Its my dream truck. I work for my dad and I dont get paid a lot. I have enough to pay my truck note, ins, phone bill and have some left over for gas. Thats about it. My dad said hes not going to help me pay for gas, thats y I have to find something else. I have not gone and done anything as far as meets are concerned in my L for a bout 3 weeks now because I have not had the gas money. Hopefully everything will work out. I really dont want to lose my truck, but if it has to happen then I at least want to be satistfied with something else. NOthing will ever be like my L though..

BLWN DSG

Vettillac
Established Member
my suggestion...since it is only 20 miles away...you need to just be more aware of how you are driving the truck. I just moved recently and added a good solid 20 mile drive to work now. When i did that I just made sure i was more aware of how hard I was driving the truck. I started to just drive it, not get on it all the time just occasionally. My gas mileage has actually gone up, I went from an average 11.5-12 mpg to 12.5-13 mpg on my first tank, now that I have gone through more i do not get anything less than 13 mpg city driving. Don't sell the L, for a 4 cyl if you are going to mod it. Even the 4 cyl don't get good gas mileage after you have modded them. Stick with the L and just be more careful of how many times you get on it, just ease into the gas from redlights and stuff. Easy driving...

Snakestress

Drag Queen
Established Member
when we bought our house, im a good 30 miles away from work now. The cobra was my dd before it went, and i was getting 24-26 mpg. Then i drive the L and its getting 14-15 if im lucky. $60/week to fill up the damn tank :eek:

if you can swing a beater, do it. Im sure theres a cheap ass cavalier out there or focus or something. lol. Ive wanted to get a beater for a while, i was looking at an eclipse. the only problem is, I would NEVER drive it. Id always drive the L or cobra.

nates03L

SVT Punk
Established Member
Unfortunately if i were in your situation i would sell the L. Its not a good sign when you cant go somewhere cause you cant afford the gas money for it. Like you said earlier i would get an evo or something like that. I know it is no L but you cant blow every dollar you make on your truck. just my .02 cents.

Mika

Established Member
If there's any way you can, get a 4 cylinder beater for like a grand or 1500. Keep the L. Since you've got a KB L, I'd do what I could to keep it. Seriously, its hard to find something that's as much fun as a KB'd L or KB'd Cobra.

FWIW, I had an '02 WRX with a bigger turbo, injectors, fuel pump, exhaust and all that good stuff. I still got somewhere along the lines of 20-23 mpg(combined city/hwy).

Mika

Users who are viewing this thread