Maxwell house vs foldgers

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
Folgers is a coffee I will never ever purchase thanks to the asinine commercials pushing the product. There is a commercial where two yuppies purchase a house and early in the morning they have boxes galore in the kitchen but somehow are able to locate the coffee along with the coffee maker but not a single mug so they use a creamer and some other vessel in which to drink the beverage. The advertisement is so stupid I want to go through the screen and strangle both the husband and wife.

Chock Full O'Nuts is the way to go.

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
DGAF! Coffee is coffee!

I never had a expensive brand coffee lol.. I drink black folgers or Dunkin donuts Colombian.

And hey... I drink miller light

My stepmom was the same way until I bought her a bag of "nice" coffee and now she is absolutely spoiled on the stuff! Unfortunately she still has to buy whatevers cheapest, but its a great gifting opportunity for me from now on lol

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
My stepmom was the same way until I bought her a bag of "nice" coffee and now she is absolutely spoiled on the stuff! Unfortunately she still has to buy whatevers cheapest, but its a great gifting opportunity for me from now on lol

OK, Im giving this one try. What "nice" already ground brand would you recommend? I need to see if there's really a difference

ssssnake

Established Member
I buy Maxwell House for home, and they buy Folgers at work. But when I don't mind paying extra, I go with Dunkin Donuts brand. I drink a lot of coffee, so I buy bulk.

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
OK, Im giving this one try. What "nice" already ground brand would you recommend? I need to see if there's really a difference

Millstone Foglifter is the one I gave her, but its hard to find outside of K-Cups. There are hundreds of other quality brands out there. Its much like finding a wine or craft beer you like, they all have nuances.

NC85

Lurker for Life
Established Member
I love good coffee. Folgers and Maxwell House are just not on my list. LOL. My favorite is Seattle's Best Signature Blend for morning wake-up. Second cup is usually Starbucks Pikes Peak Blend. Both with about 1/6 of a teaspoon of sugar (just to remove any bitterness) and some light cream (no half 'n half for me). :rockon:

x2 on Seattle's Best, good stuff. My preference is Gevalia Columbian though.

Folgers over Maxwell House all day long if given the choice.

My wife loves DD and we have that at the house, but honestly I'll drink anything, especially if it's on sale.

Users who are viewing this thread