Maximum Motorsports Road & Track Box / Good choice?

04MC

Established Member
MM Road & Track Package - Good choice? 95 Cobra - Best blower kit?

It will be for a 95 Cobra with around 15k miles. Car is bone stock with a K&N filter.

Picture002-1.jpg

I am trying to make a big decision and get this MM Road Track Grip box. Here is the link with all it comes with. http://www.maximummotorsports.com/i...ct_info&cPath=1_8_67&products_id=1054

I know the car needs new shocks, springs, bushings and isolators because it is squeaking a lot ...

I would like to know also if this MM suspension package is too much for a street car or do you guys recommend it or even recommend me something else or removing some parts from the current kit? Like any parts that could make the car be way too harsh and annoying? MM of course says it won't, but just want to get more opinions. I have the $$$ to spend on it and the car really needs improvement, but I am posting for those who have had their SN95's for a while can maybe tell me what parts I need or don't need from that kit (like what will make the car too harsh or behave in a way that I might not like???) Thanks guys

Last edited:

GR40Snake

Chief Financial Officer
Established Member
Do it right the first time. Get the Max Grip Box. As long as you don't go to high a spring rate, your ride will actually improve. You won't be disappointed. Also good, arguably better, check out Griggsracing.

SublimeRT

'94 Slooowbraa
Established Member
Well the link you posted doesn't work, but I looked up that Road/Track Grip box....seems right in line with what most people do to their street cars. I don't know who makes MM's lowering springs for that kit or what kind they are/how the spring rates are on them, but I'm sure they're not terribly different from most aftermarket springs - which a lot of people use and are fine with on a street car. The Bilsteins will really help to improve the ride also. The only things I would change/do differently/not do would be to get some '03-04 Cobra front lower control arms instead of messing with changing the bushings in the stockers and I wouldn't use the strut tower brace or k-frame brace simply because I don't think they do much unless you have a 'vert. Aside from that I wouldn't hesitate to put any of those parts on my car. They all improve areas of the Mustang that really need it.

Edit: By the way.....gorgeous '95 you have there. I would kill to only have 15k on mine and be that pristine.

Last edited:

04MC

Established Member
Thanks! :D I just called Griggs and I will tell you this the guy I spoke with on the phone was a lot more friendly and technical with me than any of the MM guys I spoke with. Almost sound like the MM guys just wanted to sell me things and the guy from Griggs even knowing I mentioned MM Road Track Box, gave me his advice. He also told me to go with the Mach 1 shocks/springs combo. He is about to send me a quote/parts lits I will post shortly. One thing the guy from MM did tell me to get the 03/04 front control arms because the bushings are hard to do and the urethane ones end up making noise.

Now the arguably better part ... I have heard different things ... wish I could find some more input.

Also it needs new tires. I haven't had time to browse, but it currently has Nitto 555's what would be a good replacement or stick with the same? I really like the Nittos!

Last edited:

04MC

Established Member
Thanks! Talked to him today and waiting for quote. I decided to go with the following:

1) MM Heavy Duty Rear lower control arms and Ford Racing rear upper arms
2) 03/04 Cobra Front Control Arms (instead of doing new bushings whcih are a pain)
3)Bilstein HD shocks/struts and MM Street Perfomance Springs + front/rear urethane isolators - if you guys think I should go different route on springs/shocks let me know.
4) MM Caster & Camber Plates (black)
5) Front swaybar bushings
6) Front Swaybar end link kit lowered 1-3/4 or more
7) MM Standard Subframe Connectors, powdercoated (talked to different people and they said really no need for full lenght, so going with these)

Also getting new plug wires, new thermostat, temp gauge sensor, bullit style 4 pedal set and bullit 5 speed billet shift knob, I am also doing x pipe, exhaust and possibly a tune to see www.sniper.com (Pat - great guy)

Future plans for the car - blower. Nowadays what is the best most user friendly/reliable blower kit for 95 Cobra? I haven't been here for a while, so all input will be appreciated and since search is down :(

Last edited:

04MC

Established Member
Now I need a good 5.0 X pipe recommendation and any other simple engine tips that might help me ??? ... :D

04MC

Established Member
Unfortunately Mark still has not called me and these parts need to get to a warehouse ASAP before the ship leaves, so I think I am going with another store ... I can't wait too long. Everything needs to ship today.

I keep hearing H is better specially on 5.0, but in my experience I tried the MRT catted H on my 04 Cobra and it really sounded like crap, so that's why I am going towards X also because it's quieter inside the car and where the car is now cops aren't really friendly at all with any mods.

Last edited:

95Proof

Established Member
Go with the H. I have a bbk catted X on my car now for emissions - H sounds much better. Took off an off road h pipe. Just personal taste. 4.6 L cars sound better with the x. Also - look into the PMS from Anderson Ford Motorsport. Sniper may be good, but I have heard good things about the PMS. The computers for our cars(94-95) are a pain.

04MC

Established Member
Picking up the car tomorrow. All suspension is done (list in post above) all fluids (coolant, transmission and diff have been changed - new ford racing diff cover too :D) Now waiting for the magnaflow catted x pipe to arrive and clear customs :cuss: Hope I don't regret going with the X. Now I need a good exhaust shop to finish everything.

notfastenuf

vertias y aequitas
Established Member
I did the Sport Box about a year ago (upgraded a couple things in the package) and still have to get the PHB on - should be going on in a month though. I keep saying that. Overall, I'm happy with the package but of course, regret and should have went with the Road & Track - then I'd be wanting the Max Grip. You know how it goes.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Awesome the only this that I think that you should have done would be a torque arm and panhard bar.

wakeboarder193

Established Member
so this is very delayed but i've been considering the MM Road & Track box as well. I don't think i need anything more extreme, but for budgeting purposes I was curious what an average install of this entire kit would cost? Being the kit is 2400 bucks and has tons and tons of parts, I wasn't sure if the install was going to be another 2400...

04MC, have you been happy with it for the last year? what's the ride height? I love the look of sportlines but hate scraping everything, would like to find some middle ground

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread