maximum motorsports k member... sucks?

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
If you want your car to drive and handle like crap, stick with the Ford OEM suspension! :dw:

If you have a need for speed and you want your car to handle, put the MM stuff (K-member, C/O's and LCA's) on.

You are NOT going to save a ton of weight!

Anything lighter is going to be a compromise in reliability.

FWIW

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

Jroc

Established Member
I agree the MM kmember is a POS and will never go on my car. I mean it doesn't save much weight, and is only probably the stronger aftermarket kmember you can buy. Also relocating the oil filter is total BS. I mean a performance part should have zero compromises and having to relocate the oil filter is almost as bad as having to upgrade your fuel system when you upgrade to a KB/Whipple/turbo/centrifugul/N2O/etc, which also all suck because of it.

Bullitt357

Established Member
The STP S2 oil filter is the same size as that Walmart filter mentioned previously.

And Maximum Motorsports is second to none.

ShelbyGuy

Steers With the Throttle
Established Member
Eating a steady diet of government cheese, and liv
It cracks me up that guys will spend tons of money on speed parts so they go REALLY REALLY FAST and are all anal about Amsoil being changed if they parked next to a dirty car, but will use the tiniest peesocrap oil filter possible, rather than mounting a decent filter remotely...the filter does more than just trap particles. Its a reserve of extra capacity, and it also helps cool the oil.

Pass on the lame stubby filters and go with an FL1-A mounted remotely.

RedfireSVT

Established Member
It cracks me up that guys will spend tons of money on speed parts so they go REALLY REALLY FAST and are all anal about Amsoil being changed if they parked next to a dirty car, but will use the tiniest peesocrap oil filter possible, rather than mounting a decent filter remotely...the filter does more than just trap particles. Its a reserve of extra capacity, and it also helps cool the oil.

listen to this man.

faststang14

Established Member
i didnt mean to offend any ones inteligence im pretty sure most of us know what and oilf filter is use for and as i said before it would be a temporary fix since im looking for light weight not tight suspension so this k member is going out to make way for a QA1 or UPR i didnt need to research before i made a purchase since i got the kit from a friend i didnt buy it.. so ShelbyGuy ull do really good as a high school shop teacher :beer: by the ways if some one has my same problem Purolator P12222 oil filter is a perfect fit for the MM K member.

Jroc

Established Member
i didnt mean to offend any ones inteligence im pretty sure most of us know what and oilf filter is use for and as i said before it would be a temporary fix since im looking for light weight not tight suspension so this k member is going out to make way for a QA1 or UPR i didnt need to research before i made a purchase since i got the kit from a friend i didnt buy it.. so ShelbyGuy ull do really good as a high school shop teacher :beer: by the ways if some one has my same problem Purolator P12222 oil filter is a perfect fit for the MM K member.

I would get the UPR if I were you. Many do not like the QA1. Many do like the PSR and it would also probably fit your needs and is probably the best built light kmember in many peoples opinion, but its around the same price as the MM kmember so its not cheap, and you can't beat the new UPR one for the money and their is nothing wrong with it.

I'm not sure if you have to relocate the filter with the PSR or not, but I don't think you do with the UPR kmember.

Performance Solution Racing 96-04 Mustang Tubular K-Member Kit [PSR-SN95-KMB] - $995.00 : Performance Parts - Ford Mustang - Cobra - Dodge Viper - Chevy Corvette - C6 - LS1

The pictures of the PSR in the link I posted look like the oil filter is in the factory location.

bubbaflaat

Established Member
I agree the MM kmember is a POS and will never go on my car. I mean it doesn't save much weight, and is only probably the stronger aftermarket kmember you can buy. Also relocating the oil filter is total BS. I mean a performance part should have zero compromises and having to relocate the oil filter is almost as bad as having to upgrade your fuel system when you upgrade to a KB/Whipple/turbo/centrifugul/N2O/etc, which also all suck because of it.

man it hurts my heart knowing a fellow sonicblue owner feels that way about performance... lol i'm so angry ford didn't make my fuel system handle 600+ HP from the factory on a engine rated at 390... :fm:

Users who are viewing this thread