Maximum Motorsports K-member, do I want one?

kazman

King of Kazmania
Established Member
Premium Member
Looking for feedback, experience, thoughts, anecdotes.

What ever you got, I want to hear it.

TIA

kazman

King of Kazmania
Established Member
Premium Member
Well, the factory k-member is rather crude, effective, but determined by bean counters for one. The design and adjustability of the MM unit appeals to me.

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
I had one on my ‘13 GT500. It was a straight forward installation and I liked mine. Pretty cool to have it support the engine if you wanted to remove headers, oil pan, etc…. Pricey, but well engineered.

Last edited:

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I have only had BMR in my Fbody shitboxes, no real complaints, however I don’t feel they are rugged enough per say, regarding feedback and vibration… but then again I am talking about fbodies. If I were to put one in my 14GT, it would be a maximum motorsports, looks to be a very robust piece, tougher than factory.

SCGallo2

Balanced performance
Established Member
Premium Member
On a handling car... absolutely! In addition to feeling like your car is on rails, it opens up the bottom of the engine bay for ease of maintenance.

The only negative that I am aware of applies to the required MM bumpsteer kit. The tight tolerance heim joint tie-rod ends do occasionally make a popping sound under extreme articulation, like when you are close to the left and right steering stops. They are quiet during normal street driving situations. The performance gain of the entire package far outweighs any occasional noise I encounter on my car, but sounds/noises do affect some more than others. Check out this thread: Winter mod review

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
I had one on my ‘13 GT500. It was a straight forward installation and I liked mine. Pretty cool to have it support the engine if you wanted to remove headers, oil pan, etc…. Pricey, but well engineered.

Did you just transfer your factory A Arms and such, or did you redo the entire area in and around the Kmember; suspension related?

Vinnie_B

"LIVE LIFE AT FULL THROTTLE"
Established Member
Premium Member
Did you just transfer your factory A Arms and such, or did you redo the entire area in and around the Kmember; suspension related?
Does this mean the pocket book is opening soon and we can start to shop for you and the shelby? Supercharger or suspension first......:giggle:

kazman

King of Kazmania
Established Member
Premium Member
Well poop, that deal got away, so back to a 3 month wait...

rwleonard

Established Member
I have the MM K member, factory A-Arms, MCS damper/springs, and Vorschlag camber plates. Huge handling difference.

My only gripe at all is that the add copy says "upgradeable to SLA" but they haven't offered that kit yet. It's been 5 years.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Maximum contacted me nearly a decade ago regarding their upcoming S197 K-member and GT500 verifying fitment. It was a dream working with Chuck and Jack on it. I was adamant about documenting it and sharing via a thread I did here. I can't believe how quickly time has passed since I did it.

Fitment was perfect and I could not have been happier regarding the quality. If I had another S197 car it would have an MM K-member on it.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
I have the MM K member, factory A-Arms, MCS damper/springs, and Vorschlag camber plates. Huge handling difference.

My only gripe at all is that the add copy says "upgradeable to SLA" but they haven't offered that kit yet. It's been 5 years.

The slow down of S197 bits was disappointing.

They mentioned an UCA years ago as well.

rwleonard

Established Member
This thread reminded me that I am still angry at them because I don't have an SLA front suspension, so I sent them a snarky little email about it. The last part of the their response was:

"Good news is we are actively testing new S197 products as we speak."

kazman

King of Kazmania
Established Member
Premium Member
I didn't find that thread in my search Tob, thanks. That pretty much seals the deal, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread