Maximum Motorsports c/c plates

TClark22

Established Member
Ok i have had them on for a while now. But arent they supposed to completely fix ur allignment issues when ur dropped?

The NTB i go to that has aligned my stangs cannot get them perfect...they are maxed out for camber and they are both off...it pulls to the left because of it...and i have massive steering wheel shake.

I just want to know what you guys have done that have them? Should i move a spacer to underneath the plate? And i set the plates up in the positive position because i didnt know which way to do it. (those of you that have installed them will know what i am talking about). Should i change them to the negative position?

I am getting real tired of having to hold the wheel so tight so it doesnt jerk left on me...and it shakes non stop...more when i am only going like 45-50 than 70.

What should i do?

fiveoh2go

Cleveland's OG
Established Member
I am by no means a suspension/steering expert, but it sounds like something else is to blame for what's going on. There is ALOT of adjustment range in those plates. Get the alignment shop to give you the specs as to where the car is at right now and then call up Maximum Motorsports and talk to them. They were great when I had some questions concerning their C/C plates.

TClark22

Established Member
i run h&r supersports with no isos

i got the specs sheet out in the car but it too cold to go get it now.

but i compared stock c/c plate alignment to mm c/c alignment...and the mm changed it drastically but they are maxed out and cant be adjusted on one side...the other side isnt maxed out

TClark22

Established Member
bought the car used with 19k on it...only one previous owner and no wrecks on the carfax...

straightliner1

Established Member
Hmmm, you and everyone on here knows that doesn't mean squat...

If I were you I would take your car to a bodyshop and have them "rack it" to check how straight and square the frame actually is.

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
Maybe you need a bumpsteer kit? I've heard that may be required for lowered cars. I have H&R Sports w/ iso's, new shocks, and the MM C/C plates...I have a strange vibration at 55 mph and after alignment my front tires wore completely on the outside, but the middle and inside of the tires still has good tread.

Another thing you may want to look at is tie rod ends. I've heard that if they're loose it can cause sudden unexplained steering wheel jerks. I checked mine though, and they were tight.

Last edited:

plan b

hooters for looters
Established Member
Ok i have had them on for a while now. But arent they supposed to completely fix ur allignment issues when ur dropped?

The NTB i go to that has aligned my stangs cannot get them perfect...they are maxed out for camber and they are both off...it pulls to the left because of it...and i have massive steering wheel shake.

I just want to know what you guys have done that have them? Should i move a spacer to underneath the plate? And i set the plates up in the positive position because i didnt know which way to do it. (those of you that have installed them will know what i am talking about). Should i change them to the negative position?

I am getting real tired of having to hold the wheel so tight so it doesnt jerk left on me...and it shakes non stop...more when i am only going like 45-50 than 70.

What should i do?

Take it to a shop that knows how to do an alignment. You should be able to let go of the wheel and still track straight. I installed mine in the negative position and tightened the plates down. I tried to set the plates as even as I could on both sides and went straight to the alignment shop.

TClark22

Established Member
ya i have been talking with my buddy who works at the shop i go to and he says i may need a bumpsteer kit, steeda x2 balljoints.

And that moving around some spacers may help.

and plan b...i had the shop call mm and they said they should be in the positive position for street cars.

plan b

hooters for looters
Established Member
ya i have been talking with my buddy who works at the shop i go to and he says i may need a bumpsteer kit, steeda x2 balljoints.

And that moving around some spacers may help.

and plan b...i had the shop call mm and they said they should be in the positive position for street cars.

negative worked for me

TClark22

Established Member
hey plan b where are ur spacers located on the strut shaft? i think i need to move one spacer from below the plate to above the plate

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
First, It would take a whole lot and I mean a lot of camber to make it pull. Caster is normally what makes it pull. And some toe issues also.

C/C plates have nothing to do with steering wheel shake. (Unless they are all loose)

Sounds like a brake issue.

But yes, they should be able to get it in spec.

Bottom line, you have other issues to fix first. Brakes and check the frame. then see what happens.

Last edited:

aoc racer

Ford is hella cool
Established Member
it's funny you ask that, i just read an article on some mustang magazine where people have that same problem and the way the solve the problem is by using the Steeda X2 ball joints that can align the car better when it's lowered. look them up and read about them.
Does any one know how well these work?? this may solve this guys problem.

plan b

hooters for looters
Established Member
hey plan b where are ur spacers located on the strut shaft? i think i need to move one spacer from below the plate to above the plate

I had to put an additional spacer on top to secure the strut shaft properly. If not the strut would have been loose. There are a lot more threads showing now compared to stock. It was 2 years ago when I did the install but I remember having that problem.

plan b

hooters for looters
Established Member
it's funny you ask that, i just read an article on some mustang magazine where people have that same problem and the way the solve the problem is by using the Steeda X2 ball joints that can align the car better when it's lowered. look them up and read about them.
Does any one know how well these work?? this may solve this guys problem.

The x2 balljoints help with bumpsteer. I put some on my buddy's car along with the steeda bumpsteer kit. I never drove the car after the install so I can't compare his setup vs. mine. CC plates allow proper alignment, not the x2 balljoints.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
you do not HAVE to have the bumpsteer kit. it may, however, help.

NEVER EVER let NTB, sears, walmart, or any other chain shop align your car if you have steering and suspension mods ... E V E R!

Take it to a shop that specalizes and pay the few extra bucks to get it done right and by someone that knows wtf they are doing.

Ender

Disgruntled
Established Member
My shop had no trouble at all aligning my car with sportlines, so you should be able to get it set with the H&Rs. I agree with the guys above, check your car for other mechanical issues, and if it checks out try a better shop.

Users who are viewing this thread