maximum motorsport c/c plate & alignment ?

03ct cobra

Established Member
Hi guys. I have an 03 cobra with mm c/c plates and eibach pro kit springs. Stock front wheels n tires and 17x10.5 reps in the back with nitto 555rs on them. I just took the car for an alignment and the guy tells me I need c/c plates that offer more camber. I've searched and haven't found anything relative to what I've run into. I've read a lot of threads with the set up I have wich is really a common one. The rest of my suspension is stock. Have any of u guys run into this ? And if so what was ur fix. Thanx in advance.

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
You need more positive or negative camber? The upper plates can be flipped and allow more or less camber, depending on your situation. It's right there in MM's instructions.

03ct cobra

Established Member
Umm.....u know I believe its that one wheel is too far forward and the pass side is too far back. The guy recomended steeda plates but honestly I see no difference in them according to lethals website. I'm wondering now if that could possibly the case.....thanx for the insight. I never knew they could be flipped like that .....but it does make sense.

b_dike

Established Member
No mm plates offer the most correction. Which is one reason why i went with them. You can flip your plates for more adjustment, but the directions say this is more for a race setup. A street car wouldnt need that much neg camber.

DE07GT

Established Member
Umm.....u know I believe its that one wheel is too far forward and the pass side is too far back. The guy recomended steeda plates but honestly I see no difference in them according to lethals website. I'm wondering now if that could possibly the case.....thanx for the insight. I never knew they could be flipped like that .....but it does make sense.

If it's about the wheels being too far forward or back, that would be caster, not camber. Since spec for caster isn't much on these cars compared to the range in adjustment from the plates, I doubt it's unobtainable unless the plates were installed incorrectly. If one has positive caster and the other has negative caster like you said, the car wouldn't track straight at all.

0-MYSTACHROME-4

Established Member
Do you have the plate set up in Positive or Negative orientation? That may the reason why you may either too much camber or not enough, and by switching the plates you can achieve what you may need more of. Hope this helps...

03_BLK10TH

Established Member
Hey guys this may be a dumb question but it needs to be asked....I have caster camber plates on my 03 Cobra with 20" wheels & tires. I just sold my set and got a set of 18" wheels & tires. Do I have to adjust my caster camber plates? I am pretty new to this, but I guess you have to start somewhere. Any advice would help! Thanks

stangkid

Established Member
Hey guys this may be a dumb question but it needs to be asked....I have caster camber plates on my 03 Cobra with 20" wheels & tires. I just sold my set and got a set of 18" wheels & tires. Do I have to adjust my caster camber plates? I am pretty new to this, but I guess you have to start somewhere. Any advice would help! Thanks

New wheels will not affect it.

03_BLK10TH

Established Member
so that will affect the plates? I don't really get the concept of what they are doing on for a 20" wheel & tire and an 18" wheel & tire

03_BLK10TH

Established Member
ok I got it somewhat...when I take it to get the new wheels and tires on it the body shop/tire shop should know how to adjust it I would think...

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
I have to apologize for some erroneous statements, as a friend of mine pointed out to me! The tire height isn't going to make a difference, but if you were messing with the C/C plates as you changed tires, then the camber would obviously be out of whack.

Did the same thing recently as well, but my alignment worked out just fine, fortunately. I was looking at some before and after specs from my car but completely forgot that I also monkeyed with my own plates in between tire/wheel swaps. Eating some humble pie now...

03_BLK10TH

Established Member
it's all good...the only difference between the new and old setup will be the tires will be wider and they are 18" wheels and not 20's...I put them on Monday so I am still learning. Wish I wasn't such a perfectionist!

Users who are viewing this thread