Max, safe, RPM with naturally aspirated Coyote

yefferys50

Established Member
I searched for a while but couldn't find anything on N/A Coyotes. With the stock oil pump gears on a 2014 Coyote, what's the safest RPM that you think I could run? I'm considering going with a Boss manifold and wanted to know what is safe above the factory 7k cut off. My car has 3.73's, o/r x-pipe, 3" OAP's, JLT carbon fiber CAI, and a Lund tune currently. To maximize a Boss manifold and the 3.73's at the track I imagine wrapping it to 7500 rpm will be necessary but didn't know how safe it would be with the stock oil pump gears. I found a bunch of thread with guys running boost but couldn't find anything for N/A engines. Thanks in advance.

scotmach

Established Member
Plenty of us shifting 7500-7600 with no problems. But after that I think a set of oil pump gears would be a good idea.

SCalla1384

Established Member
I was shifting at 76-7800. Certain cases I'd wind 4th out to 8k. I think once you have boost and go high rpm, oil pump gears are more necessary

yefferys50

Established Member
Thanks for all the feedback guys. I think the Boss manifold and winding it out further will be the solution for me. I'm too low to fit a 28" tall tire and I'm trying to avoid 5th gear in the quarter.

Users who are viewing this thread