Max Rwhp/rwtq??

cobra196

svt poster
Established Member
Like the title says. What is the about max rwhp/rwtq on a 96 cobra with the following set up? Forged bottom end,stock cams, stock heads, short runner intake, T-trim/vortech aftercooler with 8rib pulley, full exhaust. This is all on 93 pump gas and a tune thats not to crazy(for a street car). What is the max psi?
i know anything is possible but lets be realistic.

thanx:thumbsup:

1996_Snake

Built and Blown
Established Member
if bottom end is built, then i would say as much as your blower can handle for max boost..
but that might also depend on what they put in for pistons, and compression...

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
the aftercooler is gonna be a HUGE, repeat HUGE restriction above about 12 psi.

cobra196

svt poster
Established Member
Doug said:
what size vortech? what is your compression? and how were your rings set up?

well none of this i have. the motor is stock bottom end. these are things to come
vortech t-trim i know 26psi max thats about it

lets say any where from 18-26 psi on the blower, what would be a good ratio 8:1 or 9:1?

as far as rings, i don't know crap about them.

so lets say t-trim 20psi on compression thats ok for that much boost 8:1? nd correct ring set. on 93 pump gas will it make roughly 600-700rwhp or is it more?

ohh and not running an after cooler

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member
You will run into bottle necking, my current problem. If setup properly low 600's on pump gas and mid to high 600's on race fuel on boost alone.

cobra196

svt poster
Established Member
spyder1337 said:
You will run into bottle necking, my current problem. If setup properly low 600's on pump gas and mid to high 600's on race fuel on boost alone.

bottle necking???

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member
You will reach a point where the pipes arn't allowing enough air to enter. I have crushed the little procharger air filter and the inlet tube has caused me to not make anymore power after 5500 rpms.. look at this dyno sheet. Low numbers are with the intake tube on and the next are just taking it of.. we had to let off because of spark blow out too.

dynosheet.jpg

Hysteria

Established Member
cobra196 said:
Like the title says. What is the about max rwhp/rwtq on a 96 cobra with the following set up? Forged bottom end,stock cams, stock heads, short runner intake, T-trim/vortech aftercooler with 8rib pulley, full exhaust. This is all on 93 pump gas and a tune thats not to crazy(for a street car). What is the max psi?
i know anything is possible but lets be realistic.

thanx:thumbsup:

I'm amking 605/505 with this setup minus the Short Runner Intake. I just put a Short Runner on, so I'm going to have it dynoe'd and do a comparison.

Forged '97 Cobra Motor, with T-Trim w/ Aftercooler, 18psi boost (Aftercooler wasn't a restriction).

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
CJBlackmon said:
I'm amking 605/505 with this setup minus the Short Runner Intake. I just put a Short Runner on, so I'm going to have it dynoe'd and do a comparison.

Forged '97 Cobra Motor, with T-Trim w/ Aftercooler, 18psi boost (Aftercooler wasn't a restriction).

And how do you know it wasn't a restriction?

I made damn near 700rwhp with 18 psi.

Users who are viewing this thread