MAX HP on pump gas out of 03/04 cobra,fox and F-body

mckpat03

Diesel FTW
Established Member
I'm just realy confused by this post. Power adder here, no power adder there. Nitrous allowed, nitrous not allowed. Maybe I r stupid.

4valvemach

Established Member
I'm just realy confused by this post. Power adder here, no power adder there. Nitrous allowed, nitrous not allowed. Maybe I r stupid.

How much power can a SUPERCHARGED 03/04 cobra make on PUMP GAS.

How much power can a SUPERCHARGED fox with a 302/351w based motor on PUMP GAS make.

How much power can a F-body make N/A with a LS1-LSX based motor on PUMP GAS make.

The roll race question adds NOS into it:shrug:

Looking for what my next car should be and what above cars listed would be a great runner.

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
too many variables....plus, F dyno numbers
go line em up and race in real life

Satyr

Established Member
This thread sucks. Do your own research if you want to find answers to questions that are as stupid as these.

Admiral Doom

Established Member
Too much to consider. You could be comparing an lt1 Camaro vs an 03 cobra or 427 dart-block 351 stroked vs an ls1 Camaro. Are you talking stock blocks or full race? Why don't you post what you really want to know...do you want to kill most Camaros on the street or destroy Cobras with a Fox?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
This thread hurts my head! Please for the love of god use the abbreviation n2o instead of NAWSSSS!! And like others have said, way too many variables and such. You can make any of these cars fast on pump gas.

GodStang

Established Member
E85 is pump gas and so is 94 octane and so is 100 octane and so is 105 octane. So why not count them?

700rwhp on pure 93 octane is a walk in the park without nitrous on an 03-04 cobra.

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
No offense OP, but you've been on this site since 08 and aren't aware what certain setups can make?? You can make big power on "pump" E85, just gotta make sure its readily available in your area.

Nvr_Spds

Pushrod > 4v
Established Member
Too many variables.. You looking for a daily driven power, or track only monster?? I cant speak for the Cobras/Fox body, but ive seen well thought out heads/cam/STOCK bottom end LS1s break the 500rwhp level, and stroker motors go from there.

4valvemach

Established Member
Too many variables.. You looking for a daily driven power, or track only monster?? I cant speak for the Cobras/Fox body, but ive seen well thought out heads/cam/STOCK bottom end LS1s break the 500rwhp level, and stroker motors go from there.

Im looking for a nice car not a stripped out race car,one that can bring alot to a race.Ive been looking at the ls1 site and see some nice numbers out of full bolt on and built up LS1 and Ls2.I know 331 fox bodys can make 500rwhp with a good block.The norm for a cobra is about 450-550rwhp with some at 600-700rwhp.Its the LS1 based F-body that seems like the best pick since you can make cobra power N/A.

Im really thinking of a trans am since its not a metoo car and you dont see many of them.

Last edited:

Niks97cobra

Ready to Go!
Established Member
He said NOS, lol. You have watched a lot of F&F. I figured by now everyone would know not to use NOS as a term for nitrous. I think your next car should be a 1989 Buick Skylark.

cbr repsol

Established Member
The norm for a cobra is about 450-550rwhp with some at 600-700rwhp.

that was like 4-5 years ago...the norm now is 2.9 whipple minimum or kb2.8 mamouth lc making on average 630rwhp and 700+ . There are a lot of turbo guys making huge #'s too . A friend of mine a mile away from me makes over 700 with his twin 03 cobra . its in the shop right now hunting for 850-900rwhp.

Users who are viewing this thread