Max HP for a stock 95 5.0

thematrixhazune

Follow the white rabbit
Established Member
Ok as you can see on the title - I am wondering if anyone knows what my limitatoins are on my 95 gt 5.0 stock motor. I have a turbo kit ordered (T61) and they have it set at 10 psi tested at 400 hp on a stock block. I already have an AEM and bigger injectors + MAP sensor. But as far a block and heads, im all stock. If anyone could tell me that would be great - Maybe a safe max HP figure so I dont break anything (daily driver) And have my tune set at that.

If you have any info on my drivetrane that would be great too as far as max HP - I have a heavy duty tremec T5(brand new) w/ cobra clutch kit and stock rear.
Thanks.

Matt94GT

Established Member
Id say 350wrhp at least, its hard to say with turbo might make quite a bit more then that too, thats not the largest turbo out their either, id look into a T70 heard good things about them. Im thinking of turboing single turbo and I woudlnt put more then 8psi on Id prob run at 6psi since I have completly stock internals.

alotahp92gt

Established Member
you should be able to run 400 or better all day... but I stress... GET THE FOKKER TUNED!!! Dont waste your money by never getting it tuned.

thematrixhazune

Follow the white rabbit
Established Member
Thanks for the replys - that is what I am hearing from a lot of people now; 400hp will be fine. Although alot have said that my tremec will be the first to go. :( Which sucks because, it is brand new (I thrashed the stock T5)

I have an AEM computer for it, so when I get it dyno tuned they should set me up nicely.

High 11's here I come :-D

alotahp92gt

Established Member
hey man I thrash the shit out of my tremec and I am pulling close to 400.... it has held up great against the spec stage 3 clutch and tons of abuse... I would not worry about it. But an upgrade will be in your future if you miss alot of gears LOL

good luck, your set up sounds nice Want more flow??? Ill sell you my afr heads LOL

thematrixhazune

Follow the white rabbit
Established Member
Great to hear that the tremec can take some abuse then! how many cc's are the heads? dont want to increase my compression too much.

Users who are viewing this thread