Max Horsepower

bandit_48032

Established Member
I tried searching about a million times but for some reason I just keep getting some kind of error message, so I'm sorry cause I know this has been answered a million times before.

I'm just curious how much horsepower the terminator engines can safely handle before they go :xpl:

I was also curious to see how many of you guys replace the eaton with a procharger instead of going with a port, whipple, or kenne bell. I was just glancing through procragers web-site last night and most of their 03/04 customer cars are in the mid 600 horsepower range running on 21 or 22 pounds of boost with barely any other mods. Maybe a catback and a few other things if I'm correct. Is it really safe to be running that kind of boost with just larger injectors, and being intercooled?

Last edited:

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Man that's a loaded question. Safety is all in the tune. Other than that it seems there are a few people on here running around with 650 at the rear wheels. But I'm sure they aren't daily driven and beaten on really hard. It seems that 600hp is safe with these cars going off of the members on here. Also I think the Prochargers are catching on as of only recently. I think they had issues or something with our cars a while back. I'm not sure though. A Whipple or KB is the easiest upgrade to do supercharger or even turbo wise. Hell just bolt it on get a tune and go! With the right supporting mod's of course.

SpectorV

Established Member
there are tons of factors... it seems once you start pushing over 600 though mostly... but it depends on cooling, tune, etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc

EVILNSS

EVILNSS
Established Member
theres a guy with some turbo and hit 999.8HP on his stock block. all in the tune, if your gonna cough up the money for a procharger just get a single hellion on a twin THP or HPP kit.

bandit_48032

Established Member
Correct me if I'm wrong....but doesn't the best package for the Procharger come intercooled? I am seeing all these video's of terminators running around 20-24 pounds of boost with no problems. I'm rarely finding anyone with a procharger running anything under 20 pounds of boost

Would you need more supporting mods have to be able to run that kind of boost with a KB 2.8 or a Whipple?

spincobra03

Established Member
again as stated its a loaded question but if you want a daily driver I think with a good tune you can run in the low 600 range, but I did read somewhere (and I wish I had the link) that there is a cobra on a stock block the reportedly has 1200 rwhp. But some of the turbo cars have no problem getting into the 700's

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
Somebody just made 1000rwhp with a turbo and stock motor.
I think if you're going to keep the stock weight of the car you're going to miss all the low end torque our blowers offer over the cent style.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread