max boost ??

Haulin_05

Does that have a V8?
Established Member
what is the most boost anyone is running with stock manifold? i am at 14lbs and was told i should stay there untill i go to long tubes. i just read a post from a guy with a cobra saying he was running 19#s with the stock manifold.

kevs87stang

You wont.. You wont!!
Established Member
yeah, i would like to know too, cuz im runnin same boost, and was wonderin what all mods you had to do. just pulleys?? or did you upgrade to 60 lb injectors and fuel pumps?

Haulin_05

Does that have a V8?
Established Member
kenne bell 2.3, jlp long block, stage 3 cams, dual 255s, 60# inj, mafia, 2.7 upper, ftvb, jlp intake, accufab tb. i think thats all haha.

Haulin_05

Does that have a V8?
Established Member
yeah thats the plan, i just read a post from a guy with a cobra that was running 19# on stock manifolds and didnt know if they just flow better than the lightnings or what.

SM0KESH0W

Boostaholic
Established Member
Assuming that you were talking to me...

Built block, stage 2 heads, oversized valves, beehive springs, custom cams, ported blower, ported upper, chip, 2.80 upper, 8# lower, monster box 2 cat h-pipe... thats it~!

Haulin_05

Does that have a V8?
Established Member
i wonder if your oversized valves allow you to run more boost than normal valves. isnt it kinda funny how we write our list of mods and then at the end we say " thats all" like it isnt much, but at the beginning of the list it says "built long block".

SM0KESH0W

Boostaholic
Established Member
Don't get me wrong, a set of headers will make effiecency improve greatly and reduce the amount of heat being put out. But they can handle it, just they are greatly in need of being removed with anything above 500 rwhp IMHO. I just wanted to see 20#'s on stock exhaust and see what kind of power it could put out. And with the exception of the 2 cats I think I proved it can be done. But once again, good power gains are to be found there over the stock parts, they just are not required to make decent numbers IMHO.

Users who are viewing this thread