max boost on boss 2013

nader_

Established Member
wondering what is the maximum boost with stock internal parts on '13 boss

" only air charger "

anyone can inform please :rolleyes:

12C/OBoss

Established Member
No one except Rick Wilson has blown one up yet...he had over 850 RWHO before she blew. Are you talking about my old car? We ran 18psi and c16 and made 785RWHP. It had over 630 on the street tune and approx 11 psi

guarnibl

Established Member
I'm running 15 psi at the moment but it's running hot. very hot.

Going to need a new tstat, extreme duty radiator, new hood, and new front grille to make this thing cool down most likely. Probably meth injection too just to take it down that much further.

Haven't dyno'd it yet -- just mail order tune from Comp Auto. Putting it on dyno soon once it's been dialed in... then will know how much power... but at 15-16 PSI I'm guessing 725 to the rear wheels. I'm on a Whipple 2.3.

Last edited:

12C/OBoss

Established Member

Going to need a new tstat, extreme duty radiator, new hood, and new front grille to make this thing cool down most likely. Probably meth injection too just to take it down that much further.

Haven't dyno'd it yet -- just mail order tune from Comp Auto. Putting it on dyno soon once it's been dialed in... then will know how much power... but at 15-16 PSI I'm guessing 725 to the rear wheels. I'm on a Whipple 2.3.

first of all you are nuts for running a mail order tune on a Boss or ANY car in fact with forced induction:eek: especially 15psi

you need at least 75lb injectors, a Boost a pump, and a tune before you will be anywhere near 700 hp on a 2.3 whipple. You need a 2.8 liter blower 8 rib pulleys, 18.5PSI, C16, MAXXED out and not quite safe to make 780+ on these cars. Tracy did 850+ as hers is a 3.6 KB and also race gas.

210 is NOT hot on these cars. The temp readout from the PCM is cylinder head temp not actual water temperature. These cars will hit over 250 degrees before limp mode, granted these are not blower cars but its the facts.

My car would hit 230-240 during a long pull in 90+ summer heat. Then cruising it would stay between 185-190 with the a/c on and same hot weather. Now I also ran Sunoco purple and 93 50/50 mix as a precaution as it only take one detonation event to make any motor this highly tuned go boom. You gotta pay to play!

Cheap insurance. Now for road racing a Tiger hood, Saleen open grill, C&R race radiator, race intercooler, Lund super safe tune with full fans at 170 degrees, and race gas. But then again to road race my car we were detuned to lowest boost possible on the 2.8 Kenne Bell and the car still made over 630 rwhp and 550 tq.

Other idea would go to return syle fuel system and go E85. MUCH cheaper, safe for those expensive wideband o2 sensors, etc

Again DO NOT DRIVE YOUR CAR UNTIL IT OS DYNO TUNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

12C/OBoss

Established Member
What was Rick running when it blew? And why did it blow?

How many psi, what setup, fuel system?

Rumor was 93 and Torco (JUNK) hot weather, highway pulls, and all out race tune all may have helped the motor along. With race gas the car would have been fine...just ask Tracy about here car (Racerat)

monsterpost

Established Member

OH YOU REALLY NEED TO GET THIS TO THE DYNO NOW!!!!!!! Not smart running around on a mail order tune without checking where your A/F is. This is the fast way to vent your block.

BUCKET

Established Member
I am set for dyno next month. Also will be doing full fuel system,
Running roush grille for air. I guess will see next month

Looking 14-15 psi. Turbocharged

Last edited:

12C/OBoss

Established Member
I am set for dyno next month. Also will be doing full fuel system,
Running roush grille for air. I guess will see next month

Looking 14-15 psi. Turbocharged

with fuel and either twins or a nice sized single and full exhaust you should easily make 800+ as turbos don't rob engine power.:banana: With fuel 850-900 is possible if you are brave:pop:

BUCKET

Established Member
Twins, full 3" exhaust, doing return fuel system, 14-15psi, 93 octane

We have discussed c16, but don't know how often I'd run it.

guarnibl

Established Member
OH YOU REALLY NEED TO GET THIS TO THE DYNO NOW!!!!!!! Not smart running around on a mail order tune without checking where your A/F is. This is the fast way to vent your block.

I'm not driving on it yet haha... relax guys :) Getting dyno tune before we drive it.

Have new spark plugs on the way and a smaller belt. Put 100 octane in too. Then scheduling dyno tune (remote session with the car on a dyno). The car has literally seen no pulls above 5000 rpm and nothing at wide open throttle (or even close)... maybe gone a 1/4 mile at most.

Last edited:

nota4re

Established Member
C16 is a full leaded fuel and is VERY hard on O2's and especially widebands - which your car depends on to control A/F's. It is a GREAT fuel to run for venues where you need the HP from higher boost but a difficult fuel to live with everyday.

mtrsprt

Established Member
Sunoco GT Plus 104 Unleaded. An amazing fuel. Most knowledgeable tuner shops have this in 55gal drums on hand.

Users who are viewing this thread