Matte black saleens?

Led_Zep

Don't tread on me
Established Member
I think I finally found wheels I want for my 03 TR, 18' matte black saleens from AM. But...does anyone currently have any? Or know how they would look on TR? I've tried using the search for matte, couldnt find any myself.

MachJoe

Established Member

TRMach1

Established Member

Cool thanks for the link I could never find that page. Man yes they are wow, idk if I want to do it anymore.. Well the heritage wheels excluding tires are 100lbs. The saleens would be 130. So without the tires it would be just 30lbs more so maybe it wouldn't be a huge difference? I'm sure at the track the 18x10 should better the 60ft right?..

MachJoe

Established Member
Cool thanks for the link I could never find that page. Man yes they are wow, idk if I want to do it anymore.. Well the heritage wheels excluding tires are 100lbs. The saleens would be 130. So without the tires it would be just 30lbs more so maybe it wouldn't be a huge difference? I'm sure at the track the 18x10 should better the 60ft right?..

I forgot the calculation for rotating mass, but its something pretty substantial. 30 pounds might not seem a lot, but for rotating mass, it is. I came from the tuner world (VW's) so we were all about saving weight lol. Yea you'd hook pretty well, but depending on your power level, you may not need all that weight. I found some FR500 replicas that are 20lbs for 17x9 and 25lbs for 17x10.5, to me, that's the ideal weight for my goals (full bolt ons with cobra cams).

However, if your going for looks, 18" saleens are definitely sexy in my book. It all depends what your goal is. And OP, sorry for the thread jack!

TRMach1

Established Member
I forgot the calculation for rotating mass, but its something pretty substantial. 30 pounds might not seem a lot, but for rotating mass, it is. I came from the tuner world (VW's) so we were all about saving weight lol. Yea you'd hook pretty well, but depending on your power level, you may not need all that weight. I found some FR500 replicas that are 20lbs for 17x9 and 25lbs for 17x10.5, to me, that's the ideal weight for my goals (full bolt ons with cobra cams).

However, if your going for looks, 18" saleens are definitely sexy in my book. It all depends what your goal is. And OP, sorry for the thread jack!

Well with stock wheels and a 245 the best 60ft i could get was a 2.03 or something like that then I went up to a 275 and it got worse lol, so far I have only gone to the track once with those new tires and I could only manage a best of a 2.1 Maybe the 18's might help, but now i feel really discouraged lol, I want looks and speed. Lol man you always have to give something up. Those Fr500s seem really light..

Yes, sorry op for the thread jack.

snakeraper11b

Established Member
Well with stock wheels and a 245 the best 60ft i could get was a 2.03 or something like that then I went up to a 275 and it got worse lol, so far I have only gone to the track once with those new tires and I could only manage a best of a 2.1 Maybe the 18's might help, but now i feel really discouraged lol, I want looks and speed. Lol man you always have to give something up. Those Fr500s seem really light..

Yes, sorry op for the thread jack.

Looks and speed? Easy! Spend a lot of money! CCW, Trueforged, Forgestar... 18x11's as low as 21 lbs. 18's will generally decrease your sidewall and make it harder to consistently launch if you're not a great driver. You need a quality tire to drop your 60', not just a wider one...A 315 sumitomo will hook worse than a 245 hoosier...

Users who are viewing this thread