Matt Hughes pre UFC

horseplay

Crazy MMA Junkie
Established Member
Matt is going to win next Saturday, But that belt he will never get. George is such a Top Fighter at this point. This is coming from a Matt hughes Junkie.... Rich on the other hand will do great and is the one Fighter that has a chance at getting the belt back. I hope Matt Proves me wrong.

Interspy24

Established Member
horseplay said:
Matt is going to win next Saturday, But that belt he will never get. George is such a Top Fighter at this point. This is coming from a Matt hughes Junkie.... Rich on the other hand will do great and is the one Fighter that has a chance at getting the belt back. I hope Matt Proves me wrong.

I agree with what you said, and Hughes is one of my favorite fighters. GSP has evolved and will probably dominate the ww division.

scancion

Established Member
Interspy24 said:
I agree with what you said, and Hughes is one of my favorite fighters. GSP has evolved and will probably dominate the ww division.

Yea, GSP is very good, but I think that Hughes will not stop until he wins his belt back. My hopeful prediction.

ilumo

Master of going off topic
Established Member
Interspy24 said:

Probably will? ;) I think he has shown he's dominating it already. I love gsp, then penn, then maybe hughes. and Sanchez is not too bad either...

scancion

Established Member
ilumo said:
Probably will? ;) I think he has shown he's dominating it already. I love gsp, then penn, then maybe hughes. and Sanchez is not too bad either...

For some reason BJ Penn does not impress me that much... I know he has the record to back it up, but I dont think he's a top fighter.

kasee 03

Menudo Eater
Established Member
Typical wrestling takedowns from Hughes which make for a boring fight, who cares if he wins. The fans want to see action.

BLOWN PONY

Established Member
kasee 03 said:
Typical wrestling takedowns from Hughes which make for a boring fight, who cares if he wins. The fans want to see action.

takedowns are action....
That is where the UFC is going, it is MMA! not friggen boxing.

BLOWN PONY

Established Member
scancion said:
Yea, GSP is very good, but I think that Hughes will not stop until he wins his belt back. My hopeful prediction.

I think the complete opposite.
I think he has lost the hunger, he will go down in flames like tito did. except tito had heart and tried to rebound....
He is in it for the money now, but that is just my opinion....

kasee 03

Menudo Eater
Established Member
BLOWN PONY said:
takedowns are action....
That is where the UFC is going, it is MMA! not friggen boxing.

If I want to watch wrestling, i'll watch the olympics or college wrestling where its free. 40 dollars is too much to stare at Hughes' balls and him use his takedowns on novices(as far as greco-roman wrestling is concerned). Not to sound bitter, just not a Hughes, Koscheck,..,... fan.

BlueSS

kasee 03 said:
If I want to watch wrestling, i'll watch the olympics or college wrestling where its free. 40 dollars is too much to stare at Hughes' balls
I Usually Concentrate On The Fight And Not The Dude's Bean Bag, Maybe You Should Try It Sometime? :dw: :nono:

scancion

Established Member
kasee 03 said:

I didnt know that you could punch people in the face until there almost unconcious in wrestling. :rollseyes :??:

Interspy24

Established Member
scancion said:
For some reason BJ Penn does not impress me that much... I know he has the record to back it up, but I dont think he's a top fighter.

BP Penn is an incredibly gifted fighter. He's a top fighter in the ww class, and he should really be in the lw class. His bjj is VERY good, he has good standup, the guy is very well rounded. The only thing he seems to lack is cardio and endurance. I know he was injured in the Hughes fight, but he seems to gas in the later rounds.

CFRacer22

Established Member
kasee 03 said:

actually it IS about winning, thats what sports are about, its people like you who ruin sports by only caring about money and "if the fans think its exciting":cuss:

Users who are viewing this thread