Matress

tmaschm

Established Member
My wife and I just bought a king size mattress. It's a latex Sealy mattress. I'm not sure if I like it yet as my low back has been a little sore when I wake up (I'm 25 yrs old). What types of mattresses do you guys have and how do you like them?

Guy Fawkes

Established Member
Probably your back getting used to a different position. It will go away after a week or so. As for me, hell I dont even have a mattress right now. Just a box spring and some of those walmart bed padding things lol.

I think im going to get one of those $200 foam matress things.

F1reStart3r

Flubolaids
Established Member
I've got a simmons beauty rest, king firm plush to myself. I'm 28 and my back always feels fine. My inability to sleep has nothing to do with the mattress. My best friend says it's the best bed she's ever slept on.

Guy Fawkes

Established Member
I've got a simmons beauty rest, king firm plush to myself. I'm 28 and my back always feels fine. My inability to sleep has nothing to do with the mattress. My best friend says it's the best bed she's ever slept on.

Gigitty gigitty goo!

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member

I have the same mattress for about 2 years now. I like it a lot.

I had a sleep number queen size pillow top before it and I think I like the beauty rest better. The sleep number seemed super for the first year and then it slowly went downhill

tmaschm

Established Member
Probably your back getting used to a different position. It will go away after a week or so. As for me, hell I dont even have a mattress right now. Just a box spring and some of those walmart bed padding things lol.

I sure hope so. Anyone else exp this?

ssssnake

Established Member

I didn't like it. But, we had the bed slanted down (my husband had GERD), and everyday, I had to pull that damn mattress up.

I had a sleep number queen size pillow top before it and I think I like the beauty rest better. The sleep number seemed super for the first year and then it slowly went downhill

Everybody I know that got a sleep number mattress gave it back.

Guy Fawkes

Established Member
I didn't like it. But, we had the bed slanted down (my husband had GERD), and everyday, I had to pull that damn mattress up.

Everybody I know that got a sleep number mattress gave it back.

That sucks. Other than it sliding was it comfortable? I mean either way it has to be better than sleeping on a box spring.

ssssnake

Established Member
That sucks. Other than it sliding was it comfortable? I mean either way it has to be better than sleeping on a box spring.

LOL Yes, better than boxsprings. You definitely need a mattress cover - it was just a lot of repositioning. What would be the best thing is a whole mattress made out of that material. They have them, but they're very expensive.

spitin venom

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Established Member
I bought a California King with a huge pillow top. It was comfortable for the first 3 months and then it started getting uncomfortable. Now it has been 2 years and I am ready to set the bitch on fire. I wake up every morning in pain. Do not buy a pillow top matress. They wear too fast.

Guy Fawkes

Established Member
LOL Yes, better than boxsprings. You definitely need a mattress cover - it was just a lot of repositioning. What would be the best thing is a whole mattress made out of that material. They have them, but they're very expensive.

I could be wrong, but I thought the $200 ones at walmart ARE made from that material. I dont see how else they would fit in those boxes. And yeah I have a matress cover that I will use. Actually I have two.

ssssnake

Established Member
I could be wrong, but I thought the $200 ones at walmart ARE made from that material. I dont see how else they would fit in those boxes. And yeah I have a matress cover that I will use. Actually I have two.

Yeah, they are. But like I said, the toppers are just too much trouble cause it moves. I even put down a piece of non-skid gripper that the pad sits on. It's supposed to keep it in one place - NOT And the topper is very heavy and hard to position. I just gave up and pitched the thing.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
I bought a California King with a huge pillow top. It was comfortable for the first 3 months and then it started getting uncomfortable. Now it has been 2 years and I am ready to set the bitch on fire. I wake up every morning in pain. Do not buy a pillow top matress. They wear too fast.

I agree on the wearing too fast. I have a pillowtop now and it's pretty sunken down in the middle from me always sleeping there. Can't flip it so the only thing you can really do is turn it. My gf always complained about sliding towards the middle, but I've never really minded too bad.

The bed itself is comfy as hell though. It's kinda nice because you can get a slightly stiffer mattress and get the support you need, but still have a soft pillow top that gives you the comfort. I think it's a Serta, but don't quote me.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
bout to pick one of these up

Cool Sensations Soft Support 10-inch California King-size Memory Foam Mattress | Overstock.com

so far we have a relative back east who has bought 3 of these (for herself and others) and loves it. She also owns a real Tempurpedic and says theres 0 difference between the two, and unlike the Tempur she has, this one has the cooling ducts.

We have a queen with a 3" memory foam topper that sorta works well. No issues with it moving though. We just want more space to sprawl out.

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member

i had an inflatible mattress in San Diego, worked pretty well :shrug:

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
i have a serta pillow top, i absolutely love it. Its the best one ive owned so far. My other bed at another house has an old mattress. Its older than me and im 24

Users who are viewing this thread