Polish/cleaner
Sealant and/or wax
Tire and trim dressing
Glass
Interior cleaner and dressing
Metal Polish

Scott P

Established Member
I believe in starting small. I really don't like to overwhelm new detailers with several different bottles of product and a lengthy multi-step process. Start out slow with a few essential steps and work from there. Too many steps and too many bottles laying around might make you feel overwhelmed. I'm sure it makes me a lousy salesman in selling you fewer items, but hopefully you'll come back for more once you get hooked on making your car look nice.

A good starter kit would include the following:

Clay
Polish or paint cleaner
Wax or sealant
Quick detail spray
Tire dressing
Interior dressing
Some microfiber towels

Shopping list from everybody's favorite car care supply place, Specialty Motoring:

Optimum Car Wash - $12.95
Clearkote Clay Bar Kit - $26.95
Poorboy's World Power Pair (Polish with Carnauba - Blue and Natty's Paste Wax) - $37.99
Clearkote Quik Shine - $6.95
Poorboy's Bold N Bright - $9.95
Optimum Protectant Plus - $12.95
Microfiber Starter Pack - $25.99

That may look like a lot of things, but that gives you everything you need to do a top-notch detail. Once you get into the detailing thing, you may wish to buy a decent polisher like a Porter Cable 7424 and maybe some polishes or swirl removers. The items listed above will give great results by hand and re very easy to use, even in sunlight. Plus, your SVT discount gets you an additional 10% off.

Users who are viewing this thread