"Material Hold"

gkviper192

Established Member
Ok so after fighting with Ford Customer Service for a few days trying to get a closer ETA... my call was escalated and a supervisor called me back telling me my order hasn't been picked yet due to a "material hold" She knew nothing about which parts were apparently on hold. My order still shows as "order processing" It sounds like they are just blowing smoke. Has anyone else been told their order is sitting because of a material hold ?

Shelby09

Established Member
Not aware of any material holds either I have been battling with them as well ordered my car on April 14th. My just says order processing so I was worried that my dealer didn't have a second allocation but they emailed me my order showing that the dealer did generate another allocation for that dealership. That's the most important thing you need to make sure of us that ur dealer does have a allocation for you car because some dealerships are doing that to their customers

gkviper192

Established Member
The dealer's rep told me I am slated for a late 3rd quarter early 4th quarter build. Than I call ford customer service and they are telling me I haven't been scheduled a build date due to a material hold... Doesn't seem to add up.

03Cobra05GT

Established Member
There are more than 1 thread where this is talked about.

But..... all orders that aren't scheduled and are listed as "unscheduled/in processing" will also show "material hold" associated with them. It doesn't mean it's actually on hold because of materials. Just didn't get pulled yet.

I had this on my order, as did many others, but no actual holds.

flyby763

Established Member
there are more than 1 thread where this is talked about.

But..... All orders that aren't scheduled and are listed as "unscheduled/in processing" will also show "material hold" associated with them. It doesn't mean it's actually on hold because of materials. Just didn't get pulled yet.

I had this on my order, as did many others, but no actual holds.

+1

farmboy90

Established Member
The dealer's rep told me I am slated for a late 3rd quarter early 4th quarter build. Than I call ford customer service and they are telling me I haven't been scheduled a build date due to a material hold... Doesn't seem to add up.

This makes sense. You "only" ordered 6 weeks ago. I wouldn't expect a build schedule for a few more weeks. End of 3rd quarter/early 4th quarter build sounds like "end of september/october" to me. If that's true, you wont get a VIN or build date for a few more weeks.

gkviper192

Established Member
This makes sense. You "only" ordered 6 weeks ago. I wouldn't expect a build schedule for a few more weeks. End of 3rd quarter/early 4th quarter build sounds like "end of september/october" to me. If that's true, you wont get a VIN or build date for a few more weeks.

I know other have been waiting longer, but damn this wait is horrible.

farmboy90

Established Member
I hear ya bro. It gets worse though. :) My car has been built and is just sitting in Area 51. I could be driving it by now, but I'm being shown no love by the train gods.

khurijj

Established Member
Just called my dealer last night and my GT500 is also on a material hold. Ordered 6/26/12.

reason4treason

Established Member
I hear ya bro. It gets worse though. :) My car has been built and is just sitting in Area 51. I could be driving it by now, but I'm being shown no love by the train gods.

yep, sounds like a two-parter. 1 = getting it built and 2 = getting it delivered. 1-a seems to be build week and 1-b seems to be build date. 2-a seems to be leaving ramp 51, 2-b seems to be (for most people) getting dropped off at the railyard, and 2-c seems to be getting it trucked to the dealership. according to what folks say here, it's not uncommon for dates of each of 1 and 2 to be changed, sometimes more than once.

the saucy wench can be quite the tease!

jbs$

Established Member
I am also on "material hold", order date same as Kurijj, 6/26/12 and I am damm tired of waiting.

USV8PWR

Established Member
Ok so after fighting with Ford Customer Service for a few days trying to get a closer ETA... my call was escalated and a supervisor called me back telling me my order hasn't been picked yet due to a "material hold" She knew nothing about which parts were apparently on hold. My order still shows as "order processing" It sounds like they are just blowing smoke. Has anyone else been told their order is sitting because of a material hold ?

I ordered mine on 06/09/12 and received the DORA on 6/13/12. I called today and my car is still in Order Processing/Material Hold. That is just what they call an order that has been received but not yet scheduled. It does not mean that any part(s) is actually on hold.

Habbro

Noob
Established Member
My order # was somewhere in mid 700's placed on 5/31, vin emailed to me about 2 weeks ago by dealer (I am not sure when vin actually became available as I was not a squeaky wheel). I was able to look at sticker around 8/6. "blend date" is 8/13, which I assume is the build week. Then convoy shipping. Just a point of reference for those who ordered after 5/31. I am seeing posts where people have placed orders in July claiming build dates this month. Mine was first car from first allocation of 2 in a big dealer located in SC. Other allocation sold after mine and have no details.

Users who are viewing this thread