Massive Fail: Toyota Baja race truck uses a GM LS2 because of reliability

TERMIN8TR

Established Member
I find this funny as hell. posted from another site:

http://raptoroffroad.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Levine @ pickuptrucks.com
I spoke with TForce crew member Matt Riggle, who laid out the specs on the truck. It's powered by a stock Chevrolet LS2 V8, positioned aft between the cargo box and rear cabin, behind the b-pillar. The Tundra's LS2 generates approximately 375-hp and 400 lb-ft of torque. Mr. Riggle says the team chose the LS2, "because it's reliable and we can run regular Pemex gas (instead of racing fuel)." The truck also uses King off-road racing shocks and Baja T/A tires from BF Goodrich. ...The team is not directly sponsored by Toyota, according to Mr. Riggle.

~Quoted from Heilsvenska on www.motorworld.net

tundraprerunner.jpg

Last edited:

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
Well at least now they don't have to worry about transmissions blowing up or cams snapping in two.

Bad Fish

Established Member
It's not a Toyota sponsored team so maybe they just like the Tundra body style (even though it's not even close to a stock body) and the Chevy small block? Should Toyota be bashed because some team used an aftermarket suspension too? It's not like Toyota makes crap engines, the 4.7 in the 1st gen Tundra has been around for 8 or so years now and has a great reputation. Given time, and more of the aftermarket supporting the 5.7, it to will have a great reputation. At least they used a Chevy engine and not a Ford (just kidding). Stupid argument if you ask me.

WP64

I Couldn't Care Less...
Established Member
epic ownage.

OK, this may kill some of you, but I know of a couple NASA American Iron SN95 Mustangs that use LS2 motors... I like to tell these teams that they've neutered their Mustangs... BTW, I've never seen these teams win a AI event with these cars...

TERMIN8TR

Established Member
It's not a Toyota sponsored team so maybe they just like the Tundra body style (even though it's not even close to a stock body) and the Chevy small block? Should Toyota be bashed because some team used an aftermarket suspension too? It's not like Toyota makes crap engines, the 4.7 in the 1st gen Tundra has been around for 8 or so years now and has a great reputation. Given time, and more of the aftermarket supporting the 5.7, it to will have a great reputation. At least they used a Chevy engine and not a Ford (just kidding). Stupid argument if you ask me.

"The team is not DIRECTLY sponsored by Toyota" but you can bet if they ever get on the podium they would thank toyota. IMO they're full of it.

Not to mention they have toyota stickers and emblems on the truck, I don't see the bowtie anywhere

And don't kid yourself, the toyota trucks aren't all that

Last edited:

Wintermute

Banned
OK, this may kill some of you, but I know of a couple NASA American Iron SN95 Mustangs that use LS2 motors... I like to tell these teams that they've neutered their Mustangs... BTW, I've never seen these teams win a AI event with these cars...

I think you might have the nicest gt500 I've seen.

SpectorV

Established Member
funny, remind me of all of the funny cars and tube chasis cars you see racing that have nothing related to the vehicle they are supposed to be... like nascar... the outside hull is as close as it gets lol...

snake134

OK, this may kill some of you, but I know of a couple NASA American Iron SN95 Mustangs that use LS2 motors

not the point.....the point is everyone talking about how much more reliable japanese motors/cars are then american cars/motors

WP64

I Couldn't Care Less...
Established Member
not the point.....the point is everyone talking about how much more reliable japanese motors/cars are then american cars/motors

Who's "everyone"? And doesn't everyone know that FoMoCo has the highest reliability and service rating in America?

VenomGTX

Awesome SVT Poster
Established Member
Well at least now they don't have to worry about transmissions blowing up or cams snapping in two.

You mean the 20 camshaft failures out of all Tundras sold? The ones that were all fixed under warranty? Or the transmission problem that Toyota issued a voluntary TSB for and cost the owners nothing more than a drive to the dealership and a day or two with a rental?

Vigilante

Established Member

This just shows how much people have been brainwashed into not thinking for themselves anymore.

Last edited:

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
You mean the 20 camshaft failures out of all Tundras sold? The ones that were all fixed under warranty? Or the transmission problem that Toyota issued a voluntary TSB for and cost the owners nothing more than a drive to the dealership and a day or two with a rental?

or the fact it was swept under the rug while domestic recalls/tsb's are blown out of proportion and used against them at every corner.........

Big media will never cover a story about any import recall. Im sure if the media had a religion, stories like this would go against it.

Users who are viewing this thread