Mass Air Screen Removal

HotRodHarry

Life is short,Live it up!
Established Member
It works awesome on our cars!!! I did it and the fun factor for the seat of the pants and the ears is well worth it ! :beer:

Figured some of us here and others in the future might want to do this at some time if they are keeping the stock air filter system as I am.

Ok gang...I went out in the garage and took the screen out...and then took her for a ride...yes that works too. The throttle response is better..disconnecting the battery helps the computer rethink things out. She flys!!!!!

So quick directions on how I did it...took about 15 minutes ...taking my time. Could be a 10 minute job if that.

Unplug the Massair connector(disconnect the battery also)

Unclamp the air filter spring clamp that holds your air filter in.

Get a flat screw driver and loosen the air inlet hose at the Throttlebody connection...

Take breather hose out of valvecover

and then wiggle and pull off the air inlet hose at the throttlebody.

whalah! Take off entire assembly...

As you take it apart...look how things go together....

Then either put it on your workbench or your kitchen table(with wife out of house of course)

Bring in a 10mm socket and ratchet.

Take out the 4 screws that hold the mass air meter to the plastic air filter housing unit.

Then you will see the screen...just carefully pry away the rubber area with the screen off the assembly. Just use your fingers.

Then carefully take the rubber gasket off the screen. Its just folded over the screen...comes right off in one perfect piece.

Once thats done...place the gasket on the plastic air filter housing area that it sits against...there is a groove there that you will see.

Then bolt back on the air filter housing area that goes to the mass air...make sure you put it on right...that protruding notch has to line up with the air filter housing on the car.

Then at this time..you can like I did....put some rubber dressing on the hoses and all...nice time to do it....than put it all back together in the reverse pattern.

Have fun working on your Mach 1's. Its like a special bonding time

Just another note...make sure when you are done that you plug in the massair meter

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread