Mary Kay L/Rape and such..(don't read if you dont like rants)

dorky LS1 chick

still lurking...
Established Member
I just watched their story on MSNBC..

It's kind of sad/tragic. I don't feel, in anyway, that she "raped" him. Rape, to me, is having sex against someone's will, forcing someone to have sex with you. I also don't believe that she should've gone to jail, rather, she should've gotten serious help.
[rant]
I believe she went crazy. Alot of factors played into this, I think. #1 she was actually forced to marry her husband. It said in the very beginning that she never thought of him as someone to spend her life with, but just as someone to have fun with - but her parents (who i think were some big shots in the media) forced her to marry him. #2 her and her husband were having financial problems which, I believe, is one of the number 1 causes of stress. #3 they had about 4 kids in about 4 years - which would make anybody go crazy. #4 her marriage was falling apart. All of this added together, broke her down - and it just so happened that the only person that was there for her and who was her shoulder to cry on was this 13 year old boy, Villi.

Granted, yes, I totally understand the view "well what does a 34 yr old woman want with a 13 yr old boy?" I understand that - but, she wasn't in the right frame of mind at the time - I believe she was going through a midlife crisis...having a 2nd childhood, perhaps even believing herself, that she was 13 again, and thought that everything was okay....

On the same token, I also believe it's a double standard for men. I think statutory rape is BS. I have seen numerous 13..14 year old girls - dressing/acting/talking like they're 19..20. And, being a male, you don't think to check ID - all you care about is getting some, and if she's there and willing - well shit why not take it? She (the 13 year old) knew exactly what she was doing, she wasn't raped, nothing was done against her will, yet, the fact that she's 13/14 makes her lawfully incapable of having the mental capacity to consent to sex? I think that's :bs: Then, when her parents find out about her little escapade, instead of blaming their slut daughter, they blame the horny guy who "took advantage" of their little angel who could do no wrong. NEWSFLASH: YOUR DAUGHTER IS A WHORE

[/rant]

Sorry guys..i had to get that out

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
"statutory rape" is sex with a person under the legal age of consent! A "child" under the age of consent according to the law doesnt have the mental capacity to realize the implications or long lasting effects of their actions.

I am sure it was fun for him, but her actions of abuse will cause him harm later in life and difficulty making and establishing true adult relationships.

Ripper

And Then Some............
Established Member
FordSVTFan said:
"statutory rape" is sex with a person under the legal age of consent! A "child" under the age of consent according to the law doesnt have the mental capacity to realize the implications or long lasting effects of their actions.

I am sure it was fun for him, but her actions of abuse will cause him harm later in life and difficulty making and establishing true adult relationships.

Always the wise Adam !

Do you think that it is any differant in males rather than females. Say a 34 year old male teacher got it on with a consenting female. Rather than this do you think the impact is felt harder on the boy or the girl. :shrug:

skinsand

Established Member
dorky LS1 chick said:
On the same token, I also believe it's a double standard for men. I think statutory rape is BS. I have seen numerous 13..14 year old girls - dressing/acting/talking like they're 19..20. And, being a male, you don't think to check ID - all you care about is getting some, and if she's there and willing - well shit why not take it? She (the 13 year old) knew exactly what she was doing, she wasn't raped, nothing was done against her will, yet, the fact that she's 13/14 makes her lawfully incapable of having the mental capacity to consent to sex? I think that's :bs: Then, when her parents find out about her little escapade, instead of blaming their slut daughter, they blame the horny guy who "took advantage" of their little angel who could do no wrong. NEWSFLASH: YOUR DAUGHTER IS A WHORE

[/rant]

You hit it on the head with that last part about statuatory. I'm 20 and I have to deal with that crap. I've definately met up with some serious jailbait in the last year or so. Looking younger than you are can suck.

Last edited:

EvergreenSVT

Established Member
Listen to me! Always check their ID!

Luckily I did that before we did that, and told her go the **** away.

Black3KGT

SECURITY
Established Member
dorky LS1 chick said:

It's kind of sad/tragic. I don't feel, in anyway, that she "raped" him. Rape, to me, is having sex against someone's will, forcing someone to have sex with you. I also don't believe that she should've gone to jail, rather, she should've gotten serious help.
[rant]
I believe she went crazy. Alot of factors played into this, I think. #1 she was actually forced to marry her husband. It said in the very beginning that she never thought of him as someone to spend her life with, but just as someone to have fun with - but her parents (who i think were some big shots in the media) forced her to marry him. #2 her and her husband were having financial problems which, I believe, is one of the number 1 causes of stress. #3 they had about 4 kids in about 4 years - which would make anybody go crazy. #4 her marriage was falling apart. All of this added together, broke her down - and it just so happened that the only person that was there for her and who was her shoulder to cry on was this 13 year old boy, Villi.

Granted, yes, I totally understand the view "well what does a 34 yr old woman want with a 13 yr old boy?" I understand that - but, she wasn't in the right frame of mind at the time - I believe she was going through a midlife crisis...having a 2nd childhood, perhaps even believing herself, that she was 13 again, and thought that everything was okay....

[/rant]

Its good to know some women feel this way! :beer:

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
I completely disagree.

People need to be held accountable for their actions. I don't care if it was consentual or not.

It's always someone else's or something else's fault in this country.

For example, the guy who ran his daughter over in his SUV...now its Lexus fault that he killed her.

Another example, I forget the location, but a father is being charged for killing his infant son because he left him in the car for 7 hrs and the baby baked in the car. His defense...he told his 8 year old son to bring him in, so its not his fault.

Whether the sex was consentual or not, as an adult you need to take responsibility for your actions. That is what seperates children from adults. Stupidity is not an excuse.

FSSNK

Established Member
dorky LS1 chick said:

[rant]

[/rant]

Glad to see they are still open minded individuals in the world. It's hard to tell these days just how old some girl's are. ID them first! :shrug:

Got5onIt

Mean Green Nation
Established Member
RTStabler51 said:
I completely disagree.

People need to be held accountable for their actions. I don't care if it was consentual or not.

It's always someone else's or something else's fault in this country.

For example, the guy who ran his daughter over in his SUV...now its Lexus fault that he killed her.

Another example, I forget the location, but a father is being charged for killing his infant son because he left him in the car for 7 hrs and the baby baked in the car. His defense...he told his 8 year old son to bring him in, so its not his fault.

Whether the sex was consentual or not, as an adult you need to take responsibility for your actions. That is what seperates children from adults. Stupidity is not an excuse.

Great post and I absolutely agree 100%.

Users who are viewing this thread