MARTI REPORT (fox mustangs)

buddha93

Established Member
Talked to the people at marti they will start sometime this summer doing fox body mustangs and cobras:)

I've heard some rumblings about this in the past. That would be sweet if it's finally going to happen.

bossman302

Banned
Door stickers.

I also heard he was making Door sickers. The SVO guys already got some Door stickers. Thats a good thing for restorations. Lets hope he does Vin stickers for the body panels as well.

Hissing Cobra

Established Member
They've been doing the Marti Reports for two years on the 1979 Fox Bodied Mustangs. From what I heard back then, they were going to issue a new year every season so that would mean that the 1980 models would be issued last year. However, that wasn't the case. Everyone is still waiting for those and currently only the 1979 Models are available to get that Report.

Two years ago, I got one for my 1979 Cobra. I also got a reproduction door data sticker. I'm very happy with them so when these become available for all of you, you'll all be happy too.;-)

WillyB93

Established Member
I think it would be great especially someone doing a restoration of a 1993 cobra to get these items. Also day by day these cars are becoming a classic!!

Hissing Cobra

Established Member
I'm not sure if everyone in the newer Mustang community knows about these reports so I'll go into a little bit of detail. Basically, these reports have been available for all of the Mustangs from '64-'78 for many years. Kevin Marti bought the rights from Ford to produce and sell these reports, which are based on factual paperwork that he received from Ford Motor Company. Essentially, they were going to discard this paperwork until he stepped in. These reports are actual paperwork from when your car was brand new and over the raveges of time, door stickers, VIN tags, body tags, etc.... get lost, worn, stolen, etc..... However, these reports didn't disappear! They are proof that your car is what it really is or was, depending upon how you want to look at it.

Case in point. Every Fox Mustang has a "Bucktag" on the radiator support and this tag will tell you a lot of things that the VIN number and maybe even the door data decal will not. A lot of people take these off the cars and when a future owner buys it, he/she may not be able to tell if their car is a "true" example of what it's made out to be. On my "Bucktag", I have the letters CBR on it. Prior to these Marti Reports, that was the ONLY way to determine if my Cobra was "real" or not. Without that tag, it would be hard to prove. These reports not only list the VIN number, but they list every single option that came with these cars when they were made. They also list the selling dealer, date of production, date sold, options and "packages" such as my Cobra package, which was just that - a package. It was not a separate model like the later '93-up SVT Cobras.

I hope this info helps the "newbies" to this awesome hobby.

Here's a pic of my actual Marti Report to let you all know what they look like.

1979MustangCobraMartiReport.gif

Last edited:

buddha93

Established Member
They've been doing the Marti Reports for two years on the 1979 Fox Bodied Mustangs. From what I heard back then, they were going to issue a new year every season so that would mean that the 1980 models would be issued last year. However, that wasn't the case. Everyone is still waiting for those and currently only the 1979 Models are available to get that Report.

Two years ago, I got one for my 1979 Cobra. I also got a reproduction door data sticker. I'm very happy with them so when these become available for all of you, you'll all be happy too.;-)

Got any pics of your 79'?

If you look at there site, they have placeholders for up to the 89' model year, but nothing linked to them. I know they've been working on it for some time.

Hissing Cobra

Established Member
Yes, These will be available for all Fox Mustangs at some point, including the '92's. Kevin Marti has to sort through hundreds of thousands of these Marti Reports and it's a very slow process for which he has to hire help. Unfortunately, he cannot hire hundreds of people to help with the sorting as the relatively low cost of these reports won't cover their salaries. Like I mentioned earlier, the 1980 Marti Reports were supposed to be released last year but that didn't materialize. Keep the faith! I'm sure at some point we'll have them for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread