MarkVIII

DREAMKILER

SVT Open Track Racer
Established Member
I own an 98 markVIII and would like to know any mods that are easy to help my car go FASTER FASTER FASTER.:bash:
No nos other than that will try almost any thing

scuba

Established Member
try an aftermarket company called kingcobra- the owner has a mark VIII and developes his stuff specifically for it. plus most of the parts for a mustang dohc should swap.

rjt1210

Luxobarges need love too!
Go to markviii.org for lots of info on the Mark VIII. Lots of helpful stuff and Mark smart people.

Last edited:

99L#411

Established Member
rjt1210 said:
Go to markviii.org for lots of info on the Mark VIII. Lots of helpful stuff and Mark smart people.
what he said. There are several differences in the intake set-up. DO NOT watse you money on headers. two reasons:1, only one guy makes them & 2, they give you no gain in HP or TQ. Go to a Metal Matrix driveshaft. the stock one is a two piece, that is why they have the top speed limiter set around 130 so the DS doesnt start to act like a jump rope. take off the air silencer and leave the stock air filter. Once you do those things, you should be able to hit about 163 MPH (if you have stock gears and tires).

SVTHorsnake

Banned
anything for a '99-'01 Cobra should work just fine... at most require a little retrofitting... check out stuff for mach 1's and maruaders too.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
There is a Lincoln Motorsports I believe in NJ....I know they were in MM & FF this year or last year for the Luxobarge shootout...

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
SVTHorsnake said:
anything for a '99-'01 Cobra should work just fine... at most require a little retrofitting... check out stuff for mach 1's and maruaders too.
I thought the lincolns used the heads from the 96-98 cobras. I'm 100% positive on this one. There have been guys that have swapped to the cobra aluminum intake and put blowers on, but most I have seen do gears, and some other mild mods.

Users who are viewing this thread