Market for stock 6-disk radio? Also question for aftermarket radio users.

lasercobra

No SVT
Established Member
Wondering if anyone has sold their stock radio and what you got for it.

I've had two Cobra's but never went to an aftermarket head unit.
Is the Mach 460 wiring problematic when installing the wiring harness?
What does the average wiring harness cost?
Are there any companies that sell a space filler for the empty space created by an aftermarket head unit?

Thanks.

themadgmkillr

99 Cobra...Yeah Baby..!!
Established Member
go with crutchfield, and you'll get something to fill the hole for free, and I would also recommend Alpine Head-unit due to the fact they have a 39.99 adapter to specifically tie into the mach 460 amps...

lasercobra

No SVT
Established Member
I don't have the bread to buy something new so I'm just looking to get something that was stolen from me when I had my '92 LX.

It's a funny story really. Car was broken into so I fixed the driver side lock and insurance bought me a better radio. I applied the $50 install money to getting an even better stereo ($380). 3 months later I leave the face plate on ONE night and the driver side lock was popped and stereo gone. At least this time they unhooked the harness verses cutting it (thank you crook). I broke my lease because of this and insurance fixed the door. Once again I applied the $50 install money to getting an even better receiver ($450). This time I get a Kenwood 'mask' that retails for $500. A few months later at the new place, the entire car is stolen but I have the f-ucking face plate this time! :lol: :bash:
I've had this face plate for at least 4 years. I just can't bring myself to throw it out. It was so nice and so new... Anyway, I'm on the hunt for a KDC-9017 so I can once again use this face plate... weird- I know. :rolleyes:

Even my '98 Cobra had the lock popped but nothing was stolen. I did have a set of new 315 Nittos in the back but the stock radio probably turned them off. Fixed that from happening again by shaving the door locks. :coolman:

I've gone too far now... :poke:

spyne

Established Member
lasercobra said:
I don't have the bread to buy something new so I'm just looking to get something that was stolen from me when I had my '92 LX.

It's a funny story really. Car was broken into so I fixed the driver side lock and insurance bought me a better radio. I applied the $50 install money to getting an even better stereo ($380). 3 months later I leave the face plate on ONE night and the driver side lock was popped and stereo gone. At least this time they unhooked the harness verses cutting it (thank you crook). I broke my lease because of this and insurance fixed the door. Once again I applied the $50 install money to getting an even better receiver ($450). This time I get a Kenwood 'mask' that retails for $500. A few months later at the new place, the entire car is stolen but I have the f-ucking face plate this time! :lol: :bash:
I've had this face plate for at least 4 years. I just can't bring myself to throw it out. It was so nice and so new... Anyway, I'm on the hunt for a KDC-9017 so I can once again use this face plate... weird- I know. :rolleyes:

Even my '98 Cobra had the lock popped but nothing was stolen. I did have a set of new 315 Nittos in the back but the stock radio probably turned them off. Fixed that from happening again by shaving the door locks. :coolman:

I've gone too far now... :poke:

You need to move to a better neighborhood :bash:

Users who are viewing this thread