Mark McGwire finally admits to using steroids

noahsark2012

4V 500rwhp club
Established Member
Damn, McGwire finally admits to juicing. I wonder if Congress will charge him with perjury?

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4816607"]Mark McGwire comes clean, admits steroids use - ESPN[/ame]

MachsFastr

Established Member
I was coming here to join the bandwagon!!

NEW YORK (AP) -- Mark McGwire finally came clean Monday, admitting he used steroids when he broke baseball's home run record in 1998.

McGwire says in a statement sent to The Associated Press on
Monday that he used steroids on and off for nearly a decade and he apologizes for his actions.

He says: "I wish I had never touched steroids. It was foolish
and it was a mistake. I truly apologize. Looking back, I wish I had
never played during the steroid era."

McGwire's voice repeatedly cracked with emotion during a telephone interview with The Associated Press as he recounted telling his wife, parents and son that he had used steroids.

His voice breaking, McGwire says, "It's the first time they've
ever heard me, you know, talk about this. I hid it from
everybody."

During a 20-minute phone call Monday, McGwire says he called
commissioner Bud Selig and Cardinals manager Tony La Russa earlier in the day to personally apologize.

McGwire says that when he used steroids, he never imagined he
would have to talk about it to national media.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Like there was ever any doubt. There was certainly more than good genetics, clean eating and crazy workout routine at play here. The man had forearms the size of redwoods. Glad he sacked up and admitted using them.

matab14

pop up and do less....
Established Member
OMG I just can't believe he actually used roids!

NOT! lol

That being said....I feel congress should stay out of it, but I'm sure it will turn into a huge fiasco now!

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
OMG I just can't believe he actually used roids!

NOT! lol

That being said....I feel congress should stay out of it, but I'm sure it will turn into a huge fiasco now!

definitely....congress would love nothing more than to divert our attention from real national issues once again with an inquiry into roid usage in Major League Baseball....

ModMike1572

Established Member
He's not sorry. He's only doing this because he wants to clear his name and get in the hall of fame.

Roger Maris is the single-season home run king still. 61 of them in 1961. No steroids, just an all-time great Yankee.

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
He's not sorry. He's only doing this because he wants to clear his name and get in the hall of fame.

Roger Maris is the single-season home run king still. 61 of them in 1961. No steroids, just an all-time great Yankee.

:bs: Maris was a juicer, never had more than 39 hr's in any other season and all of a sudden he bangs out 61, come on now. :p

I'm kidding.

Barry Bonds was the greatest hr hitter ever.

I'm kidding again.

Babe Ruth was the greatest hr hitter ever.

I'm serious.

F8L BYT

Established Member
Who gives a f**k! lol Seiously everyone knew he did and guess what he isn't the only one so I don't see why they would make a huge deal. I would honestly say without question that 70% of football/baseball athletes use or have used some type of illegal performance enhancing drugs

ModMike1572

Established Member
:bs: Maris was a juicer, never had more than 39 hr's in any other season and all of a sudden he bangs out 61, come on now. :p

I'm kidding.

Barry Bonds was the greatest hr hitter ever.

I'm kidding again.

Babe Ruth was the greatest hr hitter ever.

I'm serious.

Haha Steve, Thats pretty suspicious about Maris. :-D

The Bambino is the best hitter of all-time by a mile. He was decades ahead of anyone from that generation. His numbers are mind-boggling:

714 Career HR's. His Career On-Base-Percentage was .474. His Career SLG was .690. His OPS (On-Base + SLG) was a rediculous 1.164. Oh, and dont forget about his career .342 Batting Average. Lol

He is by far the best hitter thats ever lived. Not only that, but he could pitch too. He would have been a hall-of-famer as a pitcher if stayed on the mound. He was 94-46 with a 2.28 ERA for his pitching career. In the postseason, he was 3-0 with a 0.87 ERA.

Last edited:

MassCobra

All set
Established Member

The Bambino is the best hitter of all-time by a mile. He was decades ahead of anyone from that generation. His numbers are mind-boggling:

714 Career HR's. His Career On-Base-Percentage was .474. His Career SLG was .690. His OPS (On-Base + SLG) was a rediculous 1.164.

He is by far the best hitter thats ever lived. Not only that, but he could pitch too. He would have been a hall-of-famer as a pitcher if stayed on the mound. He was 94-46 with a 2.28 ERA for his pitching career. In the postseason, he was 3-0 with a 0.87 ERA.

No kidding huh? Those are some ridiculous numbers both hitting and pitching. Quite the character too.
I still think the Red Sox got the better end of the deal though. :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1:

Rush

Banned

714 Career HR's. His Career On-Base-Percentage was .474. His Career SLG was .690. His OPS (On-Base + SLG) was a rediculous 1.164.

Truth :rockon:

noahsark2012

4V 500rwhp club
Established Member

sonuvabitch, i actually agree with you for once, even if it is a Yankee who is the HR king. Roger Maris is undoubtedly the HR king, because he did it on talent, athleticism, hard work, and maybe just a little bit of luck from the man upstairs.

Sosa, Bonds, and McGwire, and yes A-Rod too, should all have their records permanently removed from MLB.

If Bud Selig had a set of balls, he'd remove every player that was ever caught juicing's name from the record books AND ban them permanently from the game, being employed by any MLB team, and send a message to current and future players that if you cheat, you're finished in professional baseball.

ModMike1572

Established Member
Ted Williams best hitter of all time.. IMO

Ruth could do everything Ted Williams could do (AVG, OBP), but he could hit a lot more home runs.

I know that Ted Williams missed a lot of time because of the war, but Babe Ruth also pitched for like 4 seasons and didnt hit. So ya, he might have had 800-900 career home runs.

Ruth is best hitter the game of baseball has ever seen.

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
Ruth could do everything Ted Williams could do (AVG, OBP), but he could hit a lot more home runs.

I know that Ted Williams missed a lot of time because of the war, but Babe Ruth also pitched for like 4 seasons and didnt hit. So ya, he might have had 800-900 career home runs.

Ruth is best hitter the game of baseball has ever seen.

Didn't pitchers also hit in those days?

Users who are viewing this thread