Mardi Gras, was it worth it?

Boosted97

I wish I had a Cobra
Established Member
So some friends of mine are driving down to Mardi Gras and asked if I wanted to tag along (I'm guessing it's atleast a 12 hour drive without even looking). Normally, I wouldn't have a problem, but I'm going to have to take off a weeks worth of classes to go and money is rather tight. So my question for you is if you have been before what was it like and would you do it again? I'm 22, and I've been to bars and stuff, so I'm just trying to figure out if this is an experience that you can't get at any other bar, cause I don't mind spending the money for a new experience just don't want to waist it on something I can do here and for cheaper. Thanks for the help.

Hmbre97

Eaton powered
Established Member
If you live close... sure. If money is tight and you have to skip a weeks worth of classes, nah.

Junior00

Hurter Of Delicate Vaginas
Established Member
Premium Member
Ditto...no different than spring break really except alot more beads and old people. Save the money and go somewhere worthwhile for your break.

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
I'm guessin' your going to New Orleans...the 2 best times of year there...New years and Mardi Gras, however, it gets old rather quick...drinks are really expensive and it's extremely crowded and has changed a lot since Katrina...I say pass, and go next year...

MurderedOut

RIP
Established Member
it sucks, im from new orleans(well, i live like 10 mins from it) and i never plan on going again

everything is hella expensive and its just full of a bunch of stupid drunk idiots. Fights, cops, and dirtyness. The streets get so disgusting with puke, shit, piss, spilled beer, and food.

Birdys03Cobra

Established Member
LOTS of fights, drinks are very expensive, hotels are expensive, Ya you see a ton of boobs, but how many boobs can you see without it being repetitive? Its a good experience, music everywhere, costumes, dont get me wrong, its a great time.....but it does get packed where you cant even move.......and whatever you do, do NOT piss in public.....they charge you anywhere from $2-$5 to piss in restaurants and little markets, cops just patrol waiting to put you in cuffs for pissing in public.....just be careful of that.

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
LOTS of fights, drinks are very expensive, hotels are expensive, Ya you see a ton of boobs, but how many boobs can you see without it being repetitive? Its a good experience, music everywhere, costumes, dont get me wrong, its a great time.....but it does get packed where you cant even move.......and whatever you do, do NOT piss in public.....they charge you anywhere from $2-$5 to piss in restaurants and little markets, cops just patrol waiting to put you in cuffs for pissing in public.....just be careful of that.

2-5 bucks to piss? WTF:nonono:

BayouFX4

GEAUX TIGERS
Established Member
I heard there was alot of black tough guys.

Lol there's a lot of "tough guys" from every race.

I wouldn't skip class. You won't miss that much. I mean I've always had a lot of fun with my friends, but that's a long ass drive you'd have to make. It is very dirty and most of the flashing is done by middle aged women that should keep their clothes on. Drinks are hella expensive too.

Last edited:

Birdys03Cobra

Established Member
2-5 bucks to piss? WTF:nonono:

yup, they charge you everywhere, i dont think there was a free place to piss, thats why people piss on the street, you see girls popping sqats everywhere, its gross. cops arrest everyone, its almost like they do it on purpose

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
just watch girls gone wild, and you will see what its about really. Ive never been but I will not go unless im on bourbon with a room with a balcony. Thats the only way i would go

95!Vette!

Established Member
Mardi Gras kicks ass me and the gf go every year tons of fun, and btw they jack the prices up because of tourists :beer:

XyX

Still in the game.
Established Member
Its worth going once, I'm from down there so it gets old if you go every year. But if you have free time and can work it out...its worth it.

FX4 SAPPER

Established Member
St.louis Mardi Gras is huge, its just a little bit smaller than New Orleans, the only thing we dont have that you guys have down there are the horseback cops. other than that its about the same.

Boosted97

I wish I had a Cobra
Established Member
Thanks guys, I'm probably going to just wait until a time I can go without much hassel. Plus, I had a feeling it would be a lot of older people considering most schools wont be on break for another few weeks (atleast mine wont be). I'll probably just do that and go somewhere when I'm actually off for break. Thanks again.

P.S. Any ideas for a real spring break?

504lightning

Stangher
Established Member
Its worth every penny i do it every year and of course it sucks if u dont know where to go..shit never gets old to me and i been doing it since i was born :beer:

TGS2

Dr.Gonzo
Established Member
I've been there several times, twice for M.G. and once to leave on a cruise. I like N.O. M.G. is fun, make sure to do it once in your life. Not something to do every year, thats for sure. I haven't been there since Katrina though.

Users who are viewing this thread