Marcus lattimore

Jroc

Established Member
Check out my boy.

Well he's not really my boy as I don't know him personally, he's just my favorite player, and I pull for this guy so much to do good because he's such a talented RB that's just a class act, and he's been threw a lot of shit the last 2 years with battling back from knee injuries. It looks like his recovery is going great. :banana:

Y! SPORTS

Marcus Lattimore works out at South Carolina's pro day - YouTube

BTW if you don't know what happened to him watch this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywemwRy2PXM

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
Yea I seen that game where he got injured and that was nasty. Hope he does get a chance to show his talent in the NFL.

He'll be drafted alright. Probably anywhere between the 5th -7th rds. If he completely recovers...and I believe he will...because he had a boss performing his surgery...he will be a guy that delivers on the goods in 2014 and beyond. he is not a guy you should expect dividends from in 2013.

Planter

Banned
He'll be drafted alright. Probably anywhere between the 5th -7th rds. If he completely recovers...and I believe he will...because he had a boss performing his surgery...he will be a guy that delivers on the goods in 2014 and beyond. he is not a guy you should expect dividends from in 2013.

I agree here, and he will deliver the goods IF he can keep those knees healthy. otherwise, he'll be a good source of production for any team that takes him, even if they have a crappy Oline. this man can flat out run!

He will be a second rd pick. He's too good to go that late.

he's good but his knees staying healthy are the liability that will push him back into the later rounds.

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
Looks like he is working his ass off as expected. I was on the couch recovering from my 3rd ACL reconstruction when his injury happened. I can't begin to imagine how much more difficult his rehab was/is. For the extent of his injuries and where he is today, it's beyond incredible. Kid has the heart of a lion for sure.

I don't see him dropping to the 5th or beyond. Someone will take the chance earlier than that IMO.

And that's a reach for sure.

He's a big back, built like Stephen Jackson. And recovery or not...there I not guarantee he still has the speed that he did. And a fast back he wasn't. Just ran with a lot of power. I think a lot of folks seem to forget the kind of back this guy was. Definitely not a breakaway threat.

Jroc

Established Member
And that's a reach for sure.

He's a big back, built like Stephen Jackson. And recovery or not...there I not guarantee he still has the speed that he did. And a fast back he wasn't. Just ran with a lot of power. I think a lot of folks seem to forget the kind of back this guy was. Definitely not a breakaway threat.

He's not all that big, but I do agree that his breakaway speed is his biggest shortcoming. He's not necessarily slow, but he's defiantly not the fastest back out there. His strongest suits are he's very good at finding holes in the defense, gaining yards after taking contact, and he's the most unselfish, and best blocking back that I can think of ever seeing that comes to mind.(his first knee injury actually came on a play where he was blocking) He's also good at changing direction, and he's a good receiving back. Actually he's very good at doing everything a back is suppose to do other than like you said his breakaway speed in the open field could be better.

Many though he was a possible Heisman winner in the beginning of both the two years he went out injured. If he could of been drafted after his first season I think he would of gone in the top ten.

Here's a good highlight video of him.
Ultimate Marcus Lattimore Highlights - YouTube

Here's a video showing how big a class act he is.
Gamecock Spotlight: Marcus Lattimore - YouTube

He's not all that big, but I do agree that his breakaway speed is his biggest shortcoming. He's not necessarily slow, but he's defiantly not the fastest back out there. His strongest suits are he's very good at finding holes in the defense, gaining yards after taking contact, and he's the most unselfish, and best blocking back that I can think of ever seeing that comes to mind.(his first knee injury actually came on a play where he was blocking) He's also good at changing direction, and he's a good receiving back. Actually he's very good at doing everything a back is suppose to do other than like you said his breakaway speed in the open field could be better.

Many though he was a possible Heisman winner in the beginning of both the two years he went out injured. If he could of been drafted after his first season I think he would of gone in the top ten.

Here's a good highlight video of him.
Ultimate Marcus Lattimore Highlights - YouTube

Here's a video showing how big a class act he is.
Gamecock Spotlight: Marcus Lattimore - YouTube

Don't have to sell me on him. I think he does a lot of things well. His biggest asset is running with power. That's a must in today's game given how big and fast defensive players are now.

Don't mean to sound skeptical about him, but the injury he suffered was a devastating one. Dr. Andrews is great at rebuilding them...but I'll take a wait and see approach at how he responds in 2014.

And I completely agree that if he didn't get injured he would have been a top 10 pick. No question about it. He actually reminds me a lot of Edgerrin James. Does so many things well in every aspect of his game. :beer:

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
I think Willis McGahee's devastating knee injury and ability to produce in the NFL previously has helped Lattimore's stock. So did Peterson's recovery this past year. Someone will take a shot at him.

Jroc

Established Member
Picked by the 49er's in the 4th round. :banana:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2kDg1eU3i4

Like the sport commentators were saying I really like this pick for Marcus. I think he will fit that system really well, and seeing as how SF isn't really desperate for a RB or anything it should give Marcus the time he needs to help up properly. I'm very happy he got drafted, and how he has a great NFL career. If he can stay healthy I think he will be a pretty good NFL player.

Last edited:
We'll see. Not trying to go out of my way of being a cynic...but he went 4th rd because his recovery is still quite questionable.

Even if he fully recovers...its not like he was an explosive back before the injury. He's an Edgerin James type.

Users who are viewing this thread