Marauder fuel system issue

Fatal Strike

660rwhp... ACEKIKR
Established Member
reinhart automotive isnt a very reputable place to buy from, he pulled his vendor status from mercurymarauder.net after unhappy customers had the balls to speak up at once and talk about how crappy his service and parts are.

Your lucky your fuel pump didnt show up in 7 boxes over the course of a year. :lol1:

with 3 grand you could fit an eaton off a terminator on your dads car, just have to piece the whole kit together, and get handy with the hammer :-D
You know that has crossed my mind, but aren't the brackets, inlet, and snout diferent? I may do it with my 2.8 if I ever turbo my car :thumbsup:

Tallboy

Say "When"...
Established Member
So how would I get the snout the right length?

Buy a Trilogy. The blowers have a patented fron snout made custom for the Marauder. You can hack a Cobra unit in, but it's not cheap, easy, or pretty. A local guy here did it, but said he'd never do it again...

dpotter

Established Member
I've been investigating the workaround for a year, decided to just get the Trilogy, should be here this week. Trust me, I wanted to go another route and even have a 2K mile Eaton sitting in my garage but it wasn't worth it to try to piece everything together.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
Buy a Trilogy. The blowers have a patented fron snout made custom for the Marauder. You can hack a Cobra unit in, but it's not cheap, easy, or pretty. A local guy here did it, but said he'd never do it again...

as refined as the trilogy is, the new prices bring it up to around 8 grand for an eaton, thats alot of money for 100hp

If you get all the correct pieces you can put an eaton on for around 3 grand, and will still bring the car to the same level of hp.

The only way i would ever be able to afford a trilogy is if i got it used, and that would still be about 4 grand.

Tallboy

Say "When"...
Established Member
as refined as the trilogy is, the new prices bring it up to around 8 grand for an eaton, thats alot of money for 100hp

If you get all the correct pieces you can put an eaton on for around 3 grand, and will still bring the car to the same level of hp.

The only way i would ever be able to afford a trilogy is if i got it used, and that would still be about 4 grand.

How does $6295 equate to eight grand? Stop listening to the idiots on .net. 100 HP? The base kit adds 150 HP. Where are you getting this from? If you don't know what you're talking about, you should STFU.

Go ahead and get your three grand and do it, then. But, your talent and fabrication skills better be on par with Zack's. He makes it look easy. It ain't.

dpotter

Established Member
I was fortunate to have been on the list for a reman, the kit is all new barring the blower which has been gone through and it's all warrantied. Just over $5k shipped.

I have a 2k mile Eaton if you want it, looks brand new, plenum and TB too.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
How does $6295 equate to eight grand? Stop listening to the idiots on .net. 100 HP? The base kit adds 150 HP. Where are you getting this from? If you don't know what you're talking about, you should STFU.

Go ahead and get your three grand and do it, then. But, your talent and fabrication skills better be on par with Zack's. He makes it look easy. It ain't.

did eaton not raise the price on all their blowers, making the prices of the trilogy's go up :dw:

Hey if you want to give me 3 grand i'd be happy to give it a shot, ill see if i can do as good of a job as the guy that sold my friend a "100% safe, race ready" car :loser:

Tallboy

Say "When"...
Established Member
did eaton not raise the price on all their blowers, making the prices of the trilogy's go up :dw:

Hey if you want to give me 3 grand i'd be happy to give it a shot, ill see if i can do as good of a job as the guy that sold my friend a "100% safe, race ready" car :loser:

The price was $5995, it's now $6295. Trilogy sets the price, not Eaton. Whoever you got your info from is, shall we say, un-educated about such things.

Fatal Strike

660rwhp... ACEKIKR
Established Member
Piecing shit together does suck, I'll agree, but I am all about saving some coin... but then again, when it comes to a reliable street car I don't like cutting corners.. you don't get as much credit on the street if your FAST big body is shredding belts every other pass, lol.. my ? is, why is the snout a diferent length, its a 4V just like my Cobra

Tallboy

Say "When"...
Established Member
Piecing shit together does suck, I'll agree, but I am all about saving some coin... but then again, when it comes to a reliable street car I don't like cutting corners.. you don't get as much credit on the street if your FAST big body is shredding belts every other pass, lol.. my ? is, why is the snout a diferent length, its a 4V just like my Cobra

Acessory drive/front engine covers are different.

Glenn Ford

Atlanta Trilogy #1
Established Member
Get a Trilogy!!!

Get a Trilogy - it's the best SC for a MM. Forget the other SCs - many problems with belts and other issues like engines go BOOM!!! MM SC Trilogys love Mustangs too!!

Glenn Ford :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread