Marauder crankshaft

Venomous281

Texas Bandit
Established Member
I am in need for a crankshaft for my 98 Cobra and one of mt dads students that works at a ford dealer said he could get me one. I was wondering if it was like a cobra crank or just a regular 4.6 crankshaft? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

DEFYANT

Adm!nistrate This.....
Established Member
The cobra crank shafts are forged. Marauder crank shafts are not.

Somebody correct me if I am wrong. They are probably the same fitment wise, but not in durablity.

MarauderTJA

# 2 Procharger Marauder
Established Member
Defyant said:
The cobra crank shafts are forged. Marauder crank shafts are not.

Somebody correct me if I am wrong. They are probably the same fitment wise, but not in durablity.

I believe the 98 Cobra's had cast internals. Only the 03-04 Cobra's had forged cranks and internals due to the supercharger.

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
MarauderTJA said:
I believe the 98 Cobra's had cast internals. Only the 03-04 Cobra's had forged cranks and internals due to the supercharger.

I think the 99/01 was forged to. all others might of been cast don't really know. But any 4.6 Modular V8 crank can inter swap with any 4.6 and 5.4 Modular block.

dew34

Established Member
Venomous281 said:
I am in need for a crankshaft for my 98 Cobra and one of mt dads students that works at a ford dealer said he could get me one. I was wondering if it was like a cobra crank or just a regular 4.6 crankshaft? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
karkraft.com might have a good used crank and a few new ones the prices are not too bad as well
mike

MarauderTJA

# 2 Procharger Marauder
Established Member
Silverstrike said:
I think the 99/01 was forged to. all others might of been cast don't really know. But any 4.6 Modular V8 crank can inter swap with any 4.6 and 5.4 Modular block.

You may be right. Guess it will have to be looked up and researched.

dew34

Established Member
tallboy said:
Hey, Mike! Good to see you over here! :burnout:
whats going on Chuck sorry i missed yall for #100 install, this is a very intresting site , a lott more hard core DOHC tech i found several threads on oil pump failures including a failure with billet gears good reading .
#90 :burnout:
mike

Venomous281

Texas Bandit
Established Member
My dad told me instead of just the crank i am going to get a whole short block and just use everything i have on that short block. Does anyone know what compression they have stock? And if its more or less than a 98 Cobra?

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
Venomous281 said:
My dad told me instead of just the crank i am going to get a whole short block and just use everything i have on that short block. Does anyone know what compression they have stock? And if its more or less than a 98 Cobra?
Both the 03/04 MachI and Marauder has 10.1 over 1 compression stock don't know about how a custom short block compression would be

its back

Established Member
Venomous281 said:
First of all, the Marauder motor is the same as the auto Machs with the exception of the intake lid and tune. They have cast crank, powdered rods, and 10.1:1 hyper pistons.

EVERY 4.6 DOHC Cobra motor uses a forged crank, alond with the 5 speed Machs. The NA cobras and Mach have the same powdered rods, and hyper piston though I think the compression might have changed of the years. It was not till SVT installed the Eaton that any production modular Mustang recieved forged pistons and rods.

Hope this clears up a little of the confusion.

TooManyFords

carpe noctum.
Established Member
It's all in the tune and making sure you don't go lean. I'm running a stock motor with a 13psi pulley on my P-1SC ProCharger and have about 10000 miles on it now. I've even got a 35 shot wet Zex kit and am waiting for a new dyno session before lighting that up too.

Otherwise, it screams!

Cheers!

John

Venomous281

Texas Bandit
Established Member
TooManyFords said:
It's all in the tune and making sure you don't go lean. I'm running a stock motor with a 13psi pulley on my P-1SC ProCharger and have about 10000 miles on it now. I've even got a 35 shot wet Zex kit and am waiting for a new dyno session before lighting that up too.

Otherwise, it screams!

Cheers!

John

awesome, what kind of numbers do you put down? Who tunes your car? I have a P1SC with a 12 psi pulley too.

TooManyFords

carpe noctum.
Established Member
Venomous281 said:
awesome, what kind of numbers do you put down? Who tunes your car? I have a P1SC with a 12 psi pulley too.

My best at the track is 12.9 on factory radials. Not bad for a 4400lb. car! The tune came from Forced Induction Technologies in KC. who provided the ProCharger kit for my Marauder. See them at www.superchargemyride.com

As far as numbers, it should be pretty close to the 475 RWHP as shown on their site, but I'm getting my own numbers soon to have the ZEX kit dialed in too. As soon as I have a chart I'll post it on my site: john.frieltek.com/toomanyfords.

Cheers!

John

Users who are viewing this thread