Map sensor reading low ?

Coxy

Established Member
Just recently got my aeroforce gauge, and noticed KOEO it reads -2.1. At WOT it's only showing 11psi max, while the factory gauge appears to be around 12 maybe 13psi. I checked the factory gauge with my mightyvac tester, and it was bang on the testers gauge.

Just wondering if anyone else has seen this issue. It wouldn't bother me if it wasn't a pcm pid, and in theory effects the tune. You'd think it would do a rational check every key cycle to make sure it was zero'd up. Thanks guys

Blueline

Established Member
You have to zero in the gauge for aeroforce based on your altitude. Check the instructions it will tell you how, then you will be good to go. You have to adjust the slope and the intercept to compensate for the -2.1.

Last edited:

Coxy

Established Member
Ahh oops, at first glance I assumed elevation was more of an optional thing, didn't clue in as I was too excited to watch some other pids. I'll try that tonight! Thanks

Coxy

Established Member
Blueline I went out and set my altitude to 1500', and it certainly got it a lot closer, appears to be -0.7 now. Would you suggest leaving the altitude at the correct level, or going up to 2200' which is where map readings zero at on the gauge. Thanks man

Blueline

Established Member
Blueline I went out and set my altitude to 1500', and it certainly got it a lot closer, appears to be -0.7 now. Would you suggest leaving the altitude at the correct level, or going up to 2200' which is where map readings zero at on the gauge. Thanks man

I don't think you set the altitude, you set the slope and intercept so with key on engine off, the gauge reads 0.0. Try that bud

Coxy

Established Member
I read through the instructions, and explored the gauge a bunch more. As far as I can tell, there is no slope settings for vac/boost pid to play with, only if I was using an external map setup? I'm dialed it in with the altitude, hopefully it does the trick even if I have it in 500' off to get there. I appreciate the help man!

Users who are viewing this thread