MAP sensor bad?

5_0coyote

Established Member
Well after doing a pull and 10 mini after my charge air temp showed 260 and car ran like shit shaking and sputtering when giving it gas so dose this mean my MAP sensor is bad? Even on a cold start now and driving for 1 mini the charge air temp climbs fast to 150.

Last edited:

bigmoose

Established Member
You don't have a MAP sensor. It's probably your intercooler pump. After the car warms a little open the smaller IC fluid tank and see if its circulating.

5_0coyote

Established Member
You don't have a MAP sensor. It's probably your intercooler pump. After the car warms a little open the smaller IC fluid tank and see if its circulating.

Yes that what i thought the problem was but when i got home and checked the intercooler pump is was working..

Blueline

Established Member

We do have a map sensor it's built in with the iat2 temp sensor.

OP as i stated in your other thread. If from a dead cold start your iat2 shoots ups and it's not reading right it will tell your ecu your temps are through the roof and pulls tons of timing plus dump fuel.

bigmoose

Established Member
It was my understanding that the PID for map readings was a calculated value by the ECU based on known manifold volume and the iat2 temp reading.

5_0coyote

Established Member
We do have a map sensor it's built in with the iat2 temp sensor.

OP as i stated in your other thread. If from a dead cold start your iat2 shoots ups and it's not reading right it will tell your ecu your temps are through the roof and pulls tons of timing plus dump fuel.

yeah on a cold start the charge temp shows 89 and still runs like shit but the temps climbs fast dose it still mean the sensor is bad? thinking about buying a sensor and putting it in but i don't wanna waste the money for a sensor and not be the problem.. what do you think? IF i unplug the sensor and start the car should it run right or worst? Plus I reflashed the car with the tune and as soon as I start I it acts the same way runs like shit

Last edited:

Blueline

Established Member
yeah on a cold start the charge temp shows 89 and still runs like shit but the temps climbs fast dose it still mean the sensor is bad? thinking about buying a sensor and putting it in but i don't wanna waste the money for a sensor and not be the problem.. what do you think? IF i unplug the sensor and start the car should it run right or worst? Plus I reflashed the car with the tune and as soon as I start I it acts the same way runs like shit

Then Prob not the sensor then. Check again for codes. Re-check again for vac lines. Also I strongly recommend a compression test.

Blueline

Established Member
It was my understanding that the PID for map readings was a calculated value by the ECU based on known manifold volume and the iat2 temp reading.

The MAP sensor is built into the IAT2 sensor. Out of the four wires, 2 are for charge temp and 2 for MAP, (1 BAR).

Users who are viewing this thread