Manziel and NFL?

kaotic

Established Member
Have you seen this kid? Hes damn good, will he be an all pro at the next level? Probably not, but as a college Qb he is not overrated, He is that damn good, and I am not even an A&M fan either , I am a TCU guy.

Fear the 5

Established Member
He is without a doubt the best athlete/play maker in college football. Best QB though? Not too sure about that.

zerocool

Douchy McDoucherson
Established Member
He is without a doubt the best athlete/play maker in college football. Best QB though? Not too sure about that.

I was in the air about that until the Bama game. That's his biggest area of improvement, he's turned into a viable pocket passer.

adtp337

Established Member
Yeah, 562 total yards in a game, definitely overrated :bash: Let me guess, you're a butthurt Longhorns fan who still loves to bash A&M for no reason. Don't be that guy....

zerocool

Douchy McDoucherson
Established Member
So was tebow

Tebow couldn't throw a pass to save his life. There's no comparison between the 2.

If Manziel doesn't make the cut at the next level, it's because he mentally can't hack it or because of off the field issues. He's got more than enough talent.

ibleedblue65

Established Member
My concerns with manziel have nothing to do with his on field ability. He lacks maturity, restraint, and humility. If I were a pro scout/ gm I wouldn't want him for those reasons. I don't think he has the intangibles to be a successful pro qb, although there would be a lot less to deal with in a place like Cleveland . Downside to cleveland is there will be no grace period to learn the league/system. More than likely he will start right away which could spell disaster. Maybe he grows up and proves me wrong but I'm doubtful.

ibleedblue65

Established Member
So was tebow

And tebow had all of those intangibles. He lead a team everyone thought was done for to the playoffs and won a game against a good team when he got there. Yet he still can't find a job. I don't get it.

Ya the guy isn't your prototypical modern era qb but from the sample we have all I can say is the dude is a winner. Some how some way he gets it done.

zachcrosen

Established Member
I was at the Bama game last year when Manziel beat us! There is no doubt he is a great college QB. I gotta believe he won't be able to run like he does at the next level, if his attitude doesn't get in the way of his talent.

Coiled03

Established Member
Tebow couldn't throw a pass to save his life. There's no comparison between the 2.

If Manziel doesn't make the cut at the next level, it's because he mentally can't hack it or because of off the field issues. He's got more than enough talent.

More likely because he's way too small. He'll have to put on 20 pounds of muscle just to survive.

03_SVT_Freak

Stirring the pot :D
Established Member
A&M already hate his attitude. Fans can't stand him for the most part. I see his talent, but his attitude will kill him. His attitude will create a rift between him and either the staff, the players, or both. I see a Vince Young at titans in him.

zerocool

Douchy McDoucherson
Established Member
More likely because he's way too small. He'll have to put on 20 pounds of muscle just to survive.

6'1 210. He's no Cam Newton (that would be a good thing at the next level) , but that's plenty big for a 20 year old. If anything, his height would be the concern

zerocool

Douchy McDoucherson
Established Member
Bull ****ing shit that little ****er is 210. He's 190 tops.

Lol every roster listing is optimistic. I'd tend to agree with you, but I doubt RG3 ever weighed what they called him at Baylor either. He was a damn rail.

stangliter04

Established Member
6'1 210. He's no Cam Newton (that would be a good thing at the next level) , but that's plenty big for a 20 year old. If anything, his height would be the concern

I always thought he was under 6 foot as well. He impressed me this past weekend but I don't think he'll make it in the NFL.... then again I'm paid to be an engineer not a NFL scout

zerocool

Douchy McDoucherson
Established Member
I always thought he was under 6 foot as well. He impressed me this past weekend but I don't think he'll make it in the NFL.... then again I'm paid to be an engineer not a NFL scout

I'm not sure if he'll make it either, but I don't think his size or his ability will be the issue, especially after watching him against Bama.

Users who are viewing this thread