Manual steeda cold air on auto

tonygmeister

Established Member
Will this work with additional hardware or should I get one for auto specifically. I came across a good deal on a steeda cold air for a manual but have an auto car.

Thanks for the help!

Tony

casper gt

Established Member
just get a manual trans check valve for the brake booster & eliminate the stock asperator valve b/s.

I did mine like that when I had the boss intake on the car & have had no problems what so ever, plus its much cleaner looking ubder the hood.

drewzx3

Established Member
just get a manual trans check valve for the brake booster & eliminate the stock asperator valve b/s.

I did mine like that when I had the boss intake on the car & have had no problems what so ever, plus its much cleaner looking ubder the hood.

What's that for?

casper gt

Established Member
What's that for?

the hose coming off the cold air kit on an automatic car leads to a foam covered small box type valve (the valve is a check valve for the vaccum to the power brake booster, Ford calls it an asperator valve) that keeps the vaccum in the booster from escaping when the engine is shut off/etc.

on a manual trans car the check valve is the plastic "elbow" leading into the booster.

when you do the swap I'm talking about here you eliminate the need for the automatic trans style valve or the line going to the cold air kit. once you put in the new check vale & remove the old one & the old lines, you wouln't need to use an auto trans cold air kit any more.

in this picture of my car with the boss intake you can see what I mean, the line is clearly visible where it leaves the intake behind the throttle body then goes right to the brake booster, then fo look at your car & you'll see the valve & extra lines I'm talking about.

0802121805.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread